Injury Report: Ericsson to miss rest of preseason... start of season in doubt

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Seider should be with wings starting season. He can learn more playing 10 minutes with wings than 20 minutes with GR.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nothing but good news, imo. Too many dinosaur lefties, and won't hurt if some are missing.

DeKeyser - Green
Nemeth - Hronek
Daley - Bowey

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
He looked awful during these exhibition games. At this point it's hard to pinpoint whether that was the injury showing or just him.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's another throwaway year. Might as well see what these kids got.
Yes, but without completely throwing them to the wolves. If the kid is already showing enough to justify limited NHL use, then by all means, see went he can do in a somewhat sheltered role. But I'm not going straight to 20 minutes a night and letting my newest first rounder get his teeth kicked in before he's ready.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Yes, but without completely throwing them to the wolves. If the kid is already showing enough to justify limited NHL use, then by all means, see went he can do in a somewhat sheltered role. But I'm not going straight to 20 minutes a night and letting my newest first rounder get his teeth kicked in before he's ready.
Absolutely. I'm not saying we should just throw him out there and play big minutes but he's played well enough, imo, that he should be up here.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Just buy out his final season.
We don't need the cap space this season, and between Green, Daley and Ericsson they are all liable to miss significant chunks of time of the season each. We should expect to not have a steady (or healthy) defense this season.

What we really should do is bury Abby in AHL if he doesn't step up his play. We need to send a message that on ice performance trumps everything, regardless of cap or contract situation. It would save a million off the cap and open up a roster spot.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Just buy out his final season.
Can't, the window has already closed. Regardless it wouldn't make any sense to spread his salary over 2 seasons when the team is under the cap.

The obvious solution here is LTIRetirement. Doesn't matter if the team winds up over the LTIR max salary relief since the team is under the cap. No sense in him aggravating his injury in his last season as a pro.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Between himself, Daley, and Green, I think there was little doubt that at least one of them would start the season on IR. Bottom line, is the kids will play this year. Hopefully he's healthy around the TDL and someone takes a chance on him and sends us a mid round pick.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Can't, the window has already closed. Regardless it wouldn't make any sense to spread his salary over 2 seasons when the team is under the cap.

The obvious solution here is LTIRetirement. Doesn't matter if the team winds up over the LTIR max salary relief since the team is under the cap. No sense in him aggravating his injury in his last season as a pro.

Not when are ltir spots are full and filled.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
We don't need the cap space this season, and between Green, Daley and Ericsson they are all liable to miss significant chunks of time of the season each. We should expect to not have a steady (or healthy) defense this season.

What we really should do is bury Abby in AHL if he doesn't step up his play. We need to send a message that on ice performance trumps everything, regardless of cap or contract situation. It would save a million off the cap and open up a roster spot.

FWIW, it wouldn't save $1M cap space because you would have to replace his roster spot with another player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad