Ericsson on waivers, per Freidman

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Heard an interview with Blashill on 97.1 tonight. He said that E was send down because he needs to play after such a long layoff (ie. not ready for the NHL), but that he would likely be back at some point when they need him.
Which would make sense had they not made Svech watch 4 games in the pressbox after missing an entire season. And now Svech is getting ice time.

Basically BigE is 8D, I would rather have seen Ehn or Hirose sent to GR because they both have issues that they can work on in the A.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Which would make sense had they not made Svech watch 4 games in the pressbox after missing an entire season. And now Svech is getting ice time.

Basically BigE is 8D, I would rather have seen Ehn or Hirose sent to GR because they both have issues that they can work on in the A.

Ya I didnt get that. Does Svech's pay change when he is called up?

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Yeah, drastically.

In basic ELCs, NHL salary is ~10 times more per day than AHL salary.

Evgeny Svechnikov - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

832k in NHL
70k in AHL

~12 times higher salary in Geno's case.

That makes more sense. In an interview with Commodore, he mentioned that in the past a team he was playing for brought him up but never played him, but that he appreciated it because it really helped him financially. This is my guess as to why they brought up Svech despite not playing him. Seems meaningless to us, but can mean the world to the player.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I have heard them describe that as the "cup of coffee" before. When players are on ELC they get called up watch a few games in the press box and make 1 or 2 days of NHL salary. It's considered giving them a cup of coffee. Two way contract money is a huge difference

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad