Ericsson on waivers, per Freidman

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Has to be indicative of moving him on to a different team or we're serious about moving one of the kids up for more playing time.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
too bad the Oilers have been doing well so far this year,probably gonna rob us of the humor of Holland claiming him

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
giphy.gif

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
I really haven't minded him the past couple years. Serviceable DMan, won the hardest slapshot competition in the AHL one year. If this truly is it for him, he may go down as one of the best last picks of an NHL draft.
Yup. No matter how it ended, his career was a success. Not many people drafted where he is play a full season in the AHL, let alone a career that earned them 20+ million.

Unfortunate for him but there are worse things to be than a washed up, handsome pro athlete with millions in the bank and likely enough stories for a life time.

Last edited:

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Wishing him the best if he is moving on, I'll try not to pile on the guy and just say it will be really nice when we are out from under that contract.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
On one hand, this is great and long overdue.

On the other, no one in their right mind would claim him so he'll just go to GR anyways.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Who knows where he stands after this last injury but I liked him more than Daley. Is this just the only way of keeping Cholowski up?

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Wow not what I expected today. Is it odd that I'm conflicted? Like this is clearly a sign that they see the young guys as enough on defense. Which is what I want. However, I also feel kinda sad. Ericsson has been on the team for so long and last year he was not a disaster so my feelings aren't as negative on him. I kind of wish he could have been the #7 guy this year and retired with honor. Announce in January he's retiring at the end of the year and get some appreciation.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
For all the celebrating in this thread, it's worth remembering that the Wings took a dead last pick and ended up with a serviceable defenseman who played 12 years in the NHL. A forward who converted to defenseman as a 19 year old (at the suggestion of Hakan Andersson) outlasted a flock of our defensive prospects who have since washed out of the NHL, and spent several seasons playing well above his head on the roster because our blueline is so crappy.

Good on the Wings and good on Ericsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad