Prospect Info: Eric Wellwood Retires (Named Asst. Coach of Oshawa Generals)

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I Believe in G-Sus
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia
That's a real bummer, really liked the kid when he was up. Fast as all hell, too. I actually have a game issued jersey of his I was going to strip, might hold it a bit. Wore my favorite number. Poor kid.

RJ8812*

poor guy

but at least we won't have to listen to half the posters here crying about him not getting in the line-up

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
poor guy

but at least we won't have to listen to half the posters here crying about him not getting in the line-up

Because dont worry we have Zac Attack Rinaldo in there?

Wellwood was a good 4th liner who could play the pk, skate really fast and well and hit hard Thats it, but he was good at what he did.

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
Really sad that he couldn't come back from the injury, but good for him. Glad this worked out.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
https://twitter.com/FlyersNation/status/472199916908204032

Unfortunate to see he couldn't recover from that scary injury. I always thought he could be a good 4th liner in the NHL.

Sucks but I am happy he still has his hand in the game. After 40 years of pain I am finally going to do the full knee replacement surgery this summer. Blew it out playing hockey the summer of 74 and back then all they did for me was put my leg in a full cast for months. Ripped that puppy up real bad and my sporting career was over.
Congrats Eric.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Bourdon and Wellwood would be too cheap contracts in the lineup. Bad luck for them and the team. Years of good salaries starring them in the face and an injury (or series) and not only their dream dies, but their prospect of being financially well off as well.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
He was able to get some decent defensive play in with that tremendous skating alone. Great wheels.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
damn that sucks, great character kid. that was a pretty horrific injury he suffered. best of luck welly and glad to see the flyers continuing trend of helping their guys out. poor kid tho, dreams dying just like that but at least he made it to the show.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I was a Wellwood fan. He had such great speed and he battled hard on the forecheck.

Really a shame to see his career end like this, but he seems happy to start his coaching career and I wish him the best

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Whats happening to this team? Losing Bourdon(concussion), Wellwood(life threatening skate cut), Gus(KHL) and almost Stolarz(skate cut to back of his leg)...hate to see that youth get away from us by injury or the KHL....almost feel cursed.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Believe. The Hockey Gods are furious about the Bullies. Disgraced the game. They won't allow good tidings of great joy, etc etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad