Value of: Eric Staal

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
NOt baseless just wasn't supported. He is a 33 year old who will be a free agent in 1 season. That's not worth giving up a 1st+ for. Also there are very few teams that have stacked prospects pools and are competitive.
Stastny, Kane, Nash. All UFA to be trades that involved a 1st+. Staal is better than all of them. Do your research and try again.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Weird how 8 months ago 1 year of JVR was worth a first, but 1 year of the vastly superior in every way Eric Staal isn't. I guess that's what happens when the self appointed sheriff of reality has never even sniffed reality.
I never said jvr was worth a 1st round pick so nice failed attempt at trying to call me out on something ridiculous. Keep overrating your players bud. Maybe one day you will get a top C prospect for patches...

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Stastny, Kane, Nash. All UFA to be deals that involved a 1st+. Do your research and try again.
Kane got a conditional 2nd that may not even be a 1st, and I have a hard time believing the jets and bruins are willing to give up another 1st round pick for a guy with a couple months left on his contract.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Kane got a conditional 2nd that may not even be a 1st, and I have a hard time believing the jets and bruins are willing to give up another 1st round pick for a guy with a couple months left on his contract.
I’m not saying that those teams need to do anything. Those are comparable deals for inferior players that involve the absurd price of a 1st+.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I’m not saying that those teams need to do anything. Those are comparable deals for inferior players that involve the absurd price of a 1st+.
You need to check the teams that did those deals. They have very deep prospect pools. I wouldn't count on those team giving up another 1st round pick for a rental. Also, this is a thread about 'what would you give up for Eric staal' not 'Eric stall should get this because previous trades never said otherwise'.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You need to check the teams that did those deals. They have very deep prospect pools. I wouldn't count on those team giving up another 1st round pick for a rental. Also, this is a thread about 'what would you give up for Eric staal' not 'Eric stall should get this because previous trades never said otherwise'.
Yet here you are being counterproductive. Are you saying there are no other teams with good prospect pools? Are you implying that a contender would care about one late 1st round pick if they thought Staal was the missing piece to the puzzle? Those trades I brought up are comparable. They are useful in projecting what players will get in similar situations.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Yet here you are being counterproductive. Are you saying there are no other teams with good prospect pools? Are you implying that a contender would care about one late 1st round pick if they thought Staal was the missing piece to the puzzle? Those trades I brought up are comparable. They are useful in projecting what players will get in similar situations.
If staal is the missing piece, that team probably isn't a contender. I know those are useful in projections but it doesn't mean they are good trades.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If staal is the missing piece, that team probably isn't a contender. I know those are useful in projections but it doesn't mean they are good trades.
You’re right, no contender could use a 40 goal, 70 point center who is good on the draw and has the cap hit of a third liner.
If that teams wins the Stanley Cup it IS a good trade.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You’re right, no contender could use a 40 goal, 70 point center who is good on the draw and has the cap hit of a third liner.
If that teams wins the Stanley Cup it IS a good trade.
That's not what I said. You should have read it properly before making a ridiculous post.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I do think Staal could make a good fit for teams say like Nashville, Columbus or St Louis(ie teams looking for a center but are solid everywhere else)

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I do think Staal could make a good fit for teams say like Nashville, Columbus or St Louis(ie teams looking for a center but are solid everywhere else)
Those teams aren't contenders that should give up their 1st for him minus St. Louis who probably isn't that much of a contender

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
That's not what I said. You should have read it properly before making a ridiculous post.
Okay, so tell me: how is it that a 70pt center can’t be the missing piece to a contender. Literally every single playoff team could use Staal and his cap hit makes him the biggest bargain on the market driving up the cost to acquire him.

Reactions: Joel Ward

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I finally see your backwards thinking. You’re looking for a team with a hole in the lineup and a good prospect pool so it won’t matter if they miss a 1st. Clearly the word rental means nothing to you. You know, the thing contenders acquire to have added depth in the playoffs and a better shot at the Stanley Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad