Proposal: Eric Staal to CGY

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Including Mangiapane is a bit much, he still has a lot of potential. I see Staal getting a 1st + a “meh” prospect

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Depends on whether or not Minnesota:
1.) actually decides to trade him (seems about 50/50 right now)
2.) doesn't get a better offer

I guess it's in the right neighborhood, though.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Mangiapane is a dime a dozen, I dont care about him but I would like to keep the 1st if possible.

If the Flames are hot at the end of the year, I guess I wouldnt mind to spend the 1st to go for it all

Reactions: HockeyGoon98

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Mangiapane sure makes me say meh, idk about the rest of you

He's amazing in the AHL and hasn't done anything in the NHL

Yes, he is a Czarnik type...good for the minor but not good enough, not strong enough to matter in the NHL

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Schenn is younger and has another year on his contract. Staal is a pure rental.

We just need a rental....we have Tkachuk, Bennett and the defense to pay next year and forward....dont need another big contract

Fire Treliving

Jan 11, 2014
We just need a rental....we have Tkachuk, Bennett and the defense to pay next year and forward....dont need another big contract

If we move Frolik and Stone, we could theoretically fit in both Tkachuk and Schenn. I don't think Bennett will be getting a significant raise.

I just think our second line could use a little bit more firepower. Plus, we could use another playmaker to set up Neal.

Tkachuk - Schenn - Neal would be pretty good, IMO.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
1st+ is around what it would be, so it's in the ballpark.

Whether it's Mangiapane to help keep our AHL team respectable, or a 2nd/3rd rounder. Both have their upsides I guess.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
yeah but his age isnt really relevant is what i meant

I tried rereading your post a few times to see how I could make an age connection... in terms of what you responded to. I think we got our lines crossed here, because it looks like you were saying Stone's also a rental, versus Stone's age doesn't matter.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I tried rereading your post a few times to see how I could make an age connection... in terms of what you responded to. I think we got our lines crossed here, because it looks like you were saying Stone's also a rental, versus Stone's age doesn't matter.

the first post i responded to

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Trading our first again would be such an awful idea. Adding in a forward prospect from our rapidly emptying cupboards is a quick way to set yourself up for failure.

Treliving shouldn't make any deals for rentals unless they're depth players that wouldn't mess with the chemistry of the team

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Treliving shouldn't make any deals for rentals unless they're depth players that wouldn't mess with the chemistry of the team

If they think they can win it all, rental is not out of the question

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Would prefer a 3rd to Mangiapane, especially if the 1st end sup being a late late 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad