Confirmed with Link: Eric Staal (1/2 retained) traded to Montreal for '21 3rd & 5th round picks

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Wasn’t it the first game of the season when Staal passed/lost the puck right in front of our net to the other team for the GWG. That’s all we needed to see.
This happens, it seems like there was a game last season where Sam did it twice per game, I was more confused by Staal's wheels and his physical condition, it was bad.

Reactions: Team Cozens

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Didn’t want to believe you Sabres fans about how bad Staal was. Maybe it was just the situation he was in because he was fine the year before.

Nope, should have listened. He is the worst excuse of a hockey player I have ever seen. I’ve never seen so little effort combined with a complete inability to do anything. What a horrible, horrible player. You swindled an idiot GM.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Didn’t want to believe you Sabres fans about how bad Staal was. Maybe it was just the situation he was in because he was fine the year before.

Nope, should have listened. He is the worst excuse of a hockey player I have ever seen. I’ve never seen so little effort combined with a complete inability to do anything. What a horrible, horrible player. You swindled an idiot GM.
I haven’t watched any Habs games recently. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say most of the time you forget Staal is even playing?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Him and Hall were supposed to bring solid top-6 play and leadership. They both flopped. Good riddance.

Btw, I hope y'all whoop Toronto, though that's not looking too likely right now. You never know, though.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I haven’t watched any Habs games recently. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say most of the time you forget Staal is even playing?

It’s worse than that. I could live with not noticing him. But you do notice him since he’s 5 feet away from a loose puck and makes no effort to go after it. Or he’s pinned to the boards and doesn’t even attempt to battle. It seems he had no interest in playing for either of our teams.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
It’s worse than that. I could live with not noticing him. But you do notice him since he’s 5 feet away from a loose puck and makes no effort to go after it. Or he’s pinned to the boards and doesn’t even attempt to battle. It seems he had no interest in playing for either of our teams.
That's what he looked like in our preseason scrimmage, and I figured he's a 36 year old vet, I don't care if he isn't all in on the scrimmage. Then the first game came and it looked the same

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
That's what he looked like in our preseason scrimmage, and I figured he's a 36 year old vet, I don't care if he isn't all in on the scrimmage. Then the first game came and it looked the same

Indeed. I remember some of his super lazy defensive zone turnovers and hoping he was still shaking the rust. Nope...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad