Prospect Info: Eric Locke (2013, 189th) – '13-14: Saginaw #15 (OHL) – 2014: Not tendered a contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Anyone know what happened to this guy? Is he out of hockey? He was fairly intriguing for a 7th round pick. I thought he was going to play in Rochester or Elmira this year. He put up 60 points in 48 games in the OHL last year. Or maybe he's injured?

It was reported around the time of the development camp, by Amerks beat writer Kevin Oklobzija, that the Sabres no longer held Locke's rights (https://twitter.com/kevinoDandC/status/488769179303288832). This would indicate that the Sabres did not tender Locke a bonafide offer, and allowed their exclusive rights to lapse after one year rather than being extended for a second year.

Ball1374

Jun 1, 2008
Nashville, TN
IIRC, Locke wanted a pro contract in his draft year, so he wouldn't play as an overager. We didn't sign him, he played his overage season with Kea, sustained a shoulder injury, and then relinquished his rights. He was, more than anything, a filler guy for Rochester, much like Maxime Legault was in Portland/Rochester 4-5 years ago.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I thought he quit hockey for acting? or was that someone else?

That was Frederick Roy, back when he retired a few years ago (before, but not immediately before, he played with the Amerks). Roy retired again, apparently, to go to school.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
That was Frederick Roy, back when he retired a few years ago (before, but not immediately before, he played with the Amerks). Roy retired again, apparently, to go to school.

He did go to school, but I think he is slated to play for his college team - Concordia - starting next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad