Eric Johnson vs. Jack Johnson

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
I know there have been a lot of Johnson vs. Johnson threads but this one is different.

Shot - JJ or EJ

Skating - JJ or EJ

Strength - JJ or EJ

Leadership - JJ or EJ

Physical play - JJ or EJ

On the PP - JJ or EJ

On the PK - JJ or EJ

Potential - JJ or EJ

Passing - JJ or EJ

Stick Handling - JJ or EJ

Overall Defense - JJ or EJ

Overall Offense - JJ or EJ

Overall - JJ or EJ

Rob Stauber*

I know there have been a lot of Johnson vs. Johnson threads but this one is different.

Shot - JJ

Skating - JJ

Strength - EJ

Leadership - JJ

Physical play - Even

On the PP - JJ

On the PK - EJ

Potential - EJ

Passing - JJ

Stick Handling - ?

Overall Defense - EJ

Overall Offense - JJ

Overall - EJ

Even tho I gave JJ one more attritbute than EJ, I'd rather have EJ. But your not really going wrong either way.

Bam Beet*

Shot - JJ or EJ

Skating - JJ or EJ

Strength - JJ or EJ

Leadership - JJ or EJ

Physical play - JJ or EJ

On the PP - JJ or EJ

On the PK - JJ or EJ

Potential - JJ or EJ

Passing - JJ or EJ

Overall - JJ or EJ

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I give EJ the nod in nearly every department outside of physical play and overall offense. Some are very, very close (such as shot, passing, strength, and effectiveness on the powerplay).

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego

Shot - JJ or EJ

Skating - JJ or EJ

Strength - JJ or EJ

Leadership - JJ or EJ

Physical play - JJ or EJ

On the PP - JJ or EJ

On the PK - JJ or EJ - to me hes quicker and more intense

Potential - JJ or EJ - I feel JJ will be a higher impact player although EJ will be the better all around player

Passing - JJ or EJ

Overall - JJ or EJ

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Shot - JJ or EJ

Skating - JJ or EJ

Strength - JJ or EJ

Leadership - JJ or EJ

Physical play - JJ or EJ

On the PP - JJ or EJ

On the PK - JJ or EJ

Potential - JJ or EJ

Passing - JJ or EJ

Overall - JJ or EJ

Michigan Wolverine

Aug 7, 2005
Wow, did EJ do something to slip or did JJ do something to move up? Not so long ago EJ was a slight but clear favorite around here.

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
Shot - JJ

Skating - JJ

Strength - EJ

Leadership - JJ

Physical play - JJ

On the PP - JJ

On the PK - EJ

Potential - EJ

Passing - JJ

Stick Handling - JJ

Overall Defense - EJ

Overall Offense - JJ

Overall - JJ

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
The only Eric Johnson I could find that's been drafted in the NHL was an 8th rounder of the Canucks in 1991. Therefore, I will have to say that Jack Johnson is better than Eric Johnson in ALL categories.

Transported Upstater

I think some people are going to be very suprised at how well Erik Johnson can skate, IMO.

FuTMaR*

The only Eric Johnson I could find that's been drafted in the NHL was an 8th rounder of the Canucks in 1991. Therefore, I will have to say that Jack Johnson is better than Eric Johnson in ALL categories.

.... I'm guessing you didn't watch this years draft? Or maybe you turned it on 15 minutes late. :help:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think some people are going to be very suprised at how well Erik Johnson can skate, IMO.

Frankly, I think he's a better skater than JJ is. EJ has more power to his legs and lower body that JJ could ever dream of having. EJ is just built like an absolute tank.

And I seriously question people who say that OVERALL they think JJ will be better. I LOVE JJ as a player, but I can't picture a world unless EJ has a complete collapse that JJ will be a better overall player.

MU_Beerman

May 20, 2004
I'm quite surprised as well. Erik's offensive game hasn't fully developed, but he's an 18 yr. old freshman. The flashes we have seen are scary, IMO. At the Blues prospect camp in July in St. Louis the guy showcased excellent skating, passing, and shooting ability. Two other StL d-prospects, Jonas Junland and Roman Polak were there. They both have pretty good slap-shots, and EJ's was clearly heavier. I haven't seen much of JJ, however, just thought I'd add what I could.

kappa44

Jul 26, 2006
I have both of them in my "keepers pool", and drafted both of them on the pure fact that I need them to produce point wise. Now I know Jack Johnson will soon be a PP QB for LA, but can Erik become that 40-50 point defencemen, or should I trade him now that his value is extremely high?

heygarebear

Blues
Feb 28, 2002
STL - Nashville
I have both of them in my "keepers pool", and drafted both of them on the pure fact that I need them to produce point wise. Now I know Jack Johnson will soon be a PP QB for LA, but can Erik become that 40-50 point defencemen, or should I trade him now that his value is extremely high?

hard to say. I really like Jack Johnson a lot, and I wish Davidson would have picked up him.. even if it meant losing Backman or Jackman.. with that said.. I'll take Erik over JJ for his size.. think Chris Pronger with more offensive potential. Having a right hand shot is nice too.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Watching the two live several times, I can't see how one would say JJ has a better shot than EJ...

Eric's shot is an absolute, bone rattling cannon from the point.

JJ has a cannon as well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V6FmD1HecrM

The difference to me, is that JJ has a better array of shots. He's got this crazy wrist/ snap shot as well.

I will give the edge in accuracy to EJ though. JJ's slapper isn't as accurate.

As far as overall goes? I'd probably take EJ. JJ is probably always going to get the most attention, but EJ will go about his game and let his numbers speak for him.

julitog

Jan 18, 2004
Florida
2 Cents:

Wow... Both are outstanding NHL ready Mega prospects....
Both are tuff as nails and shoot lasers. EJ has better size and is more responsible defensively. JJ is a better skater and more creative offensively. In today’s NHL I'd have to give a slight edge to JJ.

Additional notes:

JJ seems to have a very short fuse, and will need to learn to pick his spots in the NHL.

EJ will probably initially have a little more trouble adjusting to the speed of the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad