Waived: Eric Fehr placed on waivers by Pittsburgh (cleared)

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
It generates the amount they'd need to add Vanek, assuming DET keeps 1/2 on the books.

I'm not sure Vanek really fits what we need. Nice player certainly but doesn't fill the hole. The Pens formula is to skate the other team to death, and that isn't Vanek. Our first PP is set. We are struggling a bit because Rust and Sheary, two of our speedsters, are out, and Bonino has regressed to the mean (which is not very good).

The Pens need a 3rd line center who can skate hard, play sound defense and get Phil Kessel the puck on a regular basis.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
Would like the Flyers to claim him. Flyers 4th line is composed of two guys(Bellemare and Vandevelde) who are two of the worst regular NHLers in the league. It'd be nice to have him and hopefully some younger guys make the jump into our bottom six next year.

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
Fehr (2 mil) gets claimed, bonino (2.1 mil) gets sent to the leafs in a package for kessels buddy bozak (4.2 mil), pens "third line" for the playoffs is haglin bozak and kessel.

Leafs center depth can be Matthew's, Kadri, bonino with the possibility of letting bones go to UFA in the offseason.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Fehr (2 mil) gets claimed, bonino (2.1 mil) gets sent to the leafs in a package for kessels buddy bozak (4.2 mil), pens "third line" for the playoffs is haglin bozak and kessel.

Leafs center depth can be Matthew's, Kadri, bonino with the possibility of letting bones go to UFA in the offseason.

As a Pens fan I would be very OK with this. Pens would have to add though right? What's the price?

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh

Now that's a creative move that I would love. Are the Leafs willing to move Bozak? I'd love him as our 3rd line C

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
People always tell me zone starts don't affect Corsi, but surely Fehr's 41.7 CF% is partly due to him getting 72 OZ starts and 220 DZ starts?

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
It generates the amount they'd need to add Vanek, assuming DET keeps 1/2 on the books.

Why on earth would Pittsburgh want an enigma like Vanek? Dude stole money from the Islanders and Minnesota. Has sort of a rebirth in detroit. We already have the best scoring offense in the league so why add? We need one more Dman.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Now that's a creative move that I would love. Are the Leafs willing to move Bozak? I'd love him as our 3rd line C

Where does he fit going forward though? I thought Nylander was being groomed as a center. Add in Matthews and Kadri and that's a pretty full center group.

That said... unless PIT is adding something that TOR likes, I'm also not quite sure why they go this route at this time. Creative for Pittsburgh, but it's not like TOR needs any cap space next year. The only advantage is opening up a center spot for Nylander for next season.

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005

Going by this board it seems like bozak could be had for a couple draft picks.... but they just added Boyle so if they swap bones for bozo they basically are paying the two of them what bozo was making and it gives them more flexibility in the offseason.

For the pens it adds bozo who has one more year on his contract, but that is a year the pens can use to bring Sunqvist up and let him get a full season as the 4th line center and promote him to the 3rd line the following year.

Last edited:

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh
Where does he fit going forward though? I thought Nylander was being groomed as a center. Add in Matthews and Kadri and that's a pretty full center group.

That said... unless PIT is adding something that TOR likes, I'm also not quite sure why they go this route at this time. Creative for Pittsburgh, but it's not like TOR needs any cap space next year. The only advantage is opening up a center spot for Nylander for next season.

Yeah, that's kind of what i thought, that's why I asked the question. It doesn't seem like they would have a lot of incentive to move him right now unless the Pens added something pretty good. But I think he would be a nice upgrade over Bonino for the Pens if the Leafs wanted to deal him (I'm not really a bonino fan).

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Would like the Flyers to claim him. Flyers 4th line is composed of two guys(Bellemare and Vandevelde) who are two of the worst regular NHLers in the league. It'd be nice to have him and hopefully some younger guys make the jump into our bottom six next year.

If claiming Fehr means that VDV is out of the line-up, I'll pick him up myself. Tired of watching the play die on VDV's stick.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And yet, Chris ****ING Kunitz remains... UGH'Æ’˚DJSHFKLJHDASKJFHSDKJHFKQJSH

Chris Kunitz is the cross that the hockey gods have deemed that Penguins fans must wear for being blessed by them with Crosby and Malkin. :laugh:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think he'd be a good fit for a young team looking for some on and off ice leadership and experience and that doesn't want to waste a prospect as 4th line center.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
And yet, Chris ****ING Kunitz remains... UGH'Æ’˚DJSHFKLJHDASKJFHSDKJHFKQJSH

Somebody make me a gif of that scene in Independence Day where the military nukes the alien ship, only to have them report "target remains", with no damage done. Superimpose Kunitz's face on top of the ship.

Somebody do that right now.

ObsessedCreative*

I like Kunitz just fine as a 4th line winger. I dont like him as a top 6 winger.

a 3.75 million dollar 4th liner...
raw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad