Waived: Eric Fehr placed on waivers by Pittsburgh (cleared)

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Because half the Pens fans are flipping completely out because they think space is being made for a big move.

Gotta love HF and the silly posts that pop up. Fans of a team 'speculating a particular move may be a precursor to another move' and of all times the day before deadline day. How silly of them. And "flipping out"???? What a joke!!!

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
wait.. you can play a waived player? Im confused..

Me to how is he playing?

Waiving him just offers him to every team in the league for free. They can't claim him until tomorrow morning, which means there's no reason why Pittsburgh can't play him tonight. Although if he gets hurt, that would probably prevent teams who may want him from claiming him.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Are you telling me that some people are discussing the possibility that a move was made that could be a pre-cursor to another move on trade deadline day? No arguments. That's why this board exists.

Saying that half the Pens fans are flipping completely out is silly.

I guess if you want to find something to slam Pens fans for, you can find it even if it isn't there. :shakehead

(Or is it just that you've been looking for a place to use that nifty gif and figured you'd shoehorn it into a situation that isn't really appropriate?)

Holy **** buzz kill, I am a Pens fan. And it was supposed to be funny. Go have a coke and a smile. Jesus.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
closing in on 22 hours since he has been waived.

That must mean that a bunch of teams passed him up right?

How quickly would we find out that he has been claimed? He was waived a little after noon yesterday, so we would definitely know by late afternoon today right?

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Waiver news always comes at noon.

Yep. They will announce shortly after noon the team with the highest precedence who has placed a claim. Nothing happens until Noon.

Wikipedia said:
The claims process starts at noon Eastern Time and ends 24 hours later. If only one team makes a claim for the player, then he will be transferred to the claiming team. If more than one team makes a claim, then the player will be transferred to the team having the lowest percentage of possible points in league standings at the time of the request for waivers.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So the Pens can send him down to the minors, bank about half his $2 million salary in cap savings, then bring him up as needed in the playoffs cap ramification free.

Not a bad move in the end for the Pens. He probably is more movable after the expansion draft if they want to go that route this summer.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
As a pens fan I'm breathing a sigh of relief he didn't get claimed. F16 is a useful player. Center or wing, right handed faceoff guy, kills penalties, has size, and can move up the lineup in a pinch. If a center goes down we will need him.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Probably because of his 1 year left on contract after this season.

No doubt. Flexibility is the course du jour right now and a 4th liner making a decent bit for another year doesn't provide that.

Still...he's a solid veteran who seemingly gets along with everyone and works hard, he will be playing regularly somewhere in the NHL next season, even if it's not in Pittsburgh.

Honestly I rather expect him to be playing in Vegas next year. We know GMGM likes him, him making 3rd line money shouldn't be a concern for an expansion team, and he's a good character guy on a team that will likely be fairly young...seems like a natural fit (obviously via trade).

edit: I should have waited a few more minutes before posting this :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad