Eric Brewer

Cookiefist

Oct 13, 2014
Riverview
Looked a couple pages deep for a Brewer thread and didn't see one. Anyway.

They keep sitting him for sustr or another young gun.

Are they scratching brewer because someone has to sit or to piss him off so that he asks to be traded?

Im just confused.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Looked a couple pages deep for a Brewer thread and didn't see one. Anyway.

They keep sitting him for sustr or another young gun.

Are they scratching brewer because someone has to sit or to piss him off so that he asks to be traded?

Im just confused.

The answer's pretty self explanatory if those were the only 2 options you came up with.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Part of it is that the Isles and Rags are both pretty fast teams, so having Barbs in over Brewer is probably an upgrade. Part of it is Barbs has been in the press box for awhile and could use some ice. Part of it is Barbs was in for the Rags game where we played really well, and maybe Coop didn't want to mess with the pairings.

Part of it is that Brewer hasn't played very well. I don't know what his possession stats are, but I'd bet they're bad.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Just wait until Hedman comes back in 2-3 weeks, it's going to get even more interesting.

M-4SL 2.0?

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I think he (and almost anyone else ) has more class than MSL

I wouldn't complain if he requested a trade. He's a veteran in a contract year who's in the press box - that wouldn't be MSL levels of whining, that is a rational concern for any professional.

I don't want to trade him, because I think he's good for our depth and probably a good locker room guy, but if he wants out we should try to make that happen.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I wouldn't complain if he requested a trade. He's a veteran in a contract year who's in the press box - that wouldn't be MSL levels of whining, that is a rational concern for any professional.

I don't want to trade him, because I think he's good for our depth and probably a good locker room guy, but if he wants out we should try to make that happen.

Who's going to take him?

BrewBot13

Nov 23, 2014
Lakeland Florida
Not sure what is going on with the scratch thing either as he's done okay so far this year. Plus he has 4 assists & 4 points in just 17 games whereas Barberio has none & in 20 games Sustr has 3 assists/points. I know they are just stats but...

The guy is a great leader & brings some defensive grit around the boards. A bit many penalties maybe that is their issue. One thing for sure he won't be in Tampa next season unfortunately. Captain Brewwwwwwer!

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Not sure what is going on with the scratch thing either as he's done okay so far this year. Plus he has 4 assists & 4 points in just 17 games whereas Barberio has none & in 20 games Sustr has 3 assists/points. I know they are just stats but...

The guy is a great leader & brings some defensive grit around the boards. A bit many penalties maybe that is their issue. One thing for sure he won't be in Tampa next season unfortunately. Captain Brewwwwwwer!

Sustr is right-handed, and we only have three RHD in the NHL. His job is safe. Also, he's been looking better lately. His size can cause a lot of problems out there, and his decision making is getting a bit better.

Barbs is back to the pressbox after that horrible ****ing giveaway/coverage on the goal last night. Comedy of errors right there.

BrewBot13

Nov 23, 2014
Lakeland Florida
Good points indeed, I agree with you Sustr's size is certainly an advantage on our side. I'd say we won't be seeing much of Brewer or Barbs once Hedman gets back. LOL at the error, I'm headed to the Senators game Wednesday hoping Brew is in but ya never know.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Sustr is right-handed, and we only have three RHD in the NHL. His job is safe. Also, he's been looking better lately. His size can cause a lot of problems out there, and his decision making is getting a bit better.

Barbs is back to the pressbox after that horrible ****ing giveaway/coverage on the goal last night. Comedy of errors right there.

I noticed Gudas disconnected his controller there before Vanek and Parise started the pass-o-rama.

BrewBot13

Nov 23, 2014
Lakeland Florida
either request a trade or more games, the whole scratch thing is getting ridiculous

I understand they want a SPEED demon team, but a lot of times they end up looking sloppy when they kick into high gear. When they want to be JT Bad news brown & the speedaholics brewer becomes Mr. Pylon sadly enough. Cooper & Yz prefer the speed obviously and when its working, IT IS WORKING:yo: Sloppy more than not tho:amazed:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
either request a trade or more games, the whole scratch thing is getting ridiculous

I understand they want a SPEED demon team, but a lot of times they end up looking sloppy when they kick into high gear. When they want to be JT Bad news brown & the speedaholics brewer becomes Mr. Pylon sadly enough. Cooper & Yz prefer the speed obviously and when its working, IT IS WORKING:yo: Sloppy more than not tho:amazed:

The reason why we play a speed game is more because we don’t have a choice because right now we only have 1 defenseman (Stralman) who is consistently reliable in the defensive zone (2 when Hedman is healthy) so the team have to rely on its offense to keep the puck out of our own zone, I think both Yzerman and Cooper really wants some of our young defensemen to become a stable stay-at-home defenseman but so things are the way they are and I feel bad for Bishop who have to play behind it.

BrewBot13

Nov 23, 2014
Lakeland Florida
Stralman is certainly rocking, Garrison too. When Hedman returns I really think swapping between Brew and Sustr is going to get interesting.

They are going to want to move the guy worth 4.5 million though

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
The reason why we play a speed game is more because we don’t have a choice because right now we only have 1 defenseman (Stralman) who is consistently reliable in the defensive zone (2 when Hedman is healthy) so the team have to rely on its offense to keep the puck out of our own zone, I think both Yzerman and Cooper really wants some of our young defensemen to become a stable stay-at-home defenseman but so things are the way they are and I feel bad for Bishop who have to play behind it.

We play a speed game because our forwards are fast and skilled, but they are (mostly) pretty good along the boards, so we can shift gears to a possession game too. The D looks sloppy lately because they've been sloppy, not for any other reason.

I hope over these few days the coaching staff has been drilling into them to not just throw the puck up the center of the ice when there's someone right in your face. You'd think it's common sense, but clearly it isn't.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
If Brewer whines and complains about being traded I put him on waivers. He can go play in Edmonton or Buffalo until the deadline or beyond.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Brewer whines and complains about being traded I put him on waivers. He can go play in Edmonton or Buffalo until the deadline or beyond.

Has he ever said he wanted to be traded? I only think he's said he was upset about being scratched which he should be since he played very well last season. I don't think he'd be claimed anyway as he has a high cap hit that competitive teams can't take and bottom feeders rather play cheap scrubs. We'd have to eat over 2.5mil in that case which would hurt our cap situation at the deadline.

BrewBot13

Nov 23, 2014
Lakeland Florida
Has he ever said he wanted to be traded? I only think he's said he was upset about being scratched which he should be since he played very well last season. I don't think he'd be claimed anyway as he has a high cap hit that competitive teams can't take and bottom feeders rather play cheap scrubs. We'd have to eat over 2.5mil in that case which would hurt our cap situation at the deadline.
they dont like him so why not trade
his stats are better than the dudes they are scrapping him for

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
they dont like him so why not trade
his stats are better than the dudes they are scrapping him for

They'll need him for the playoffs. I think a bit is to keep him fresh and get the others some minutes. I can't see them getting value in a trade and I don't see them playing Barberio over him in the playoffs.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
They'll need him for the playoffs. I think a bit is to keep him fresh and get the others some minutes. I can't see them getting value in a trade and I don't see them playing Barberio over him in the playoffs.

Lefties and Righties man. Brewer was behind Hedman/Garrison/Carle. We never had any plans for Brewer...and Barberio is only "in" if injury to left side of D. Barberio also played RD last year (though he sucks at it) ... he offers some flexibility to play both sides in case of injury to top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad