ERIC BREWER and Team Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

se7en*

Do we have to have a thread or post every day to justify Brewer's presense on Team Canada?

Seriously, you don't see us Flames fans making threads every day as to why Regehr should be on the team

If you had everyone telling you Regher made the team only beause of Sutter then you'd be pissed too, because alot of people say (not surprisingly mostly Knuckleheads and Flamers) that the only reason why Brewer made the team is because of Lowe. :shakehead

Phanuthier*

thome_26 said:
We talk less about Brewer deserving to be there - then Flames fans love-in with RR - who has quickly become one of the most over-rated Dmen on this entire board.
Pot calling kettle, what can I say?

You are free to think what you want. Personally, I don't get the love in with guys like Ryan Smyth either, but that's just me.

(Note: I am not saying that Smyth doesn't deserve to be on the team or whatnot, because I know Oiler fans will take it that way)

PPS: I don't think the ONLY reason why Brewer made it there is because of Lowe. If I thought that, I would also think that McCabe is on the team because Quinn is there. I thought it was a huge gamble for the reasons he was on the team, but it payed off, so good for Team Canada management.

PPPS: There WAS alot of talk (mostly from Oiler fans, to deflect attension from the Brewer argument) that Regehr shouldn't be there... and I can accept that there is some merit to that argument, although I don't agree with it.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Splatman Phanutier said:
(behind Blake, Pronger, Niedermayer, Foote, Redden, Regehr, Jovo and Bouwmeester) but would have made the team anyways with Pronger and Blake going down. Since then, he's played very well and deserves to be on the team, and his selection has been a great choice.

You had Brewer higher on the depth chart than Aucoin?

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Splatman Phanutier said:
Personally, I don't get the love in with guys like Ryan Smyth either, but that's just me.
Every single GM in the NHL would kill to have Smyth, especially teams that are close like the Sens, Avs, Wings, Flyers, Leafs, Devils. Fact is, Smyth is a top 6 scoring LWer in the NHL (even though he played the first third of the season out of position at center, which killed his numbers) and he brings nearly every intangible a coach/GM wants.

Phanuthier*

thome_26 said:
Every single GM in the NHL would kill to have Smyth, especially teams that are close like the Sens, Avs, Wings, Flyers, Leafs, Devils. Fact is, Smyth is a top 6 scoring LWer in the NHL (even though he played the first third of the season out of position at center, which killed his numbers) and he brings nearly every intangible a coach/GM wants.
Yes yes, I know, your an Oiler fan and you love Smyth. I get it.

It's not slam to Smyth, I just think he's way overhyped. Don't take it personally or anything, I just think way too many people go head overheals over Smyth. Kind of like Regehr, eh? Every single GM in the NHL would kill to have Regehr, especially teams that are close like the Sens, Avs, Wings, Flyers, Leafs, Devils. Fact is, Smyth is a top 2 blueliner in the NHL and he brings nearly the steadiness and toughness every coach/GM wants.

Again... pot calling kettle?

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Splatman Phanutier said:
Yes yes, I know, your an Oiler fan and you love Smyth. I get it.

It's not slam to Smyth, I just think he's way overhyped. Don't take it personally or anything, I just think way too many people go head overheals over Smyth. Kind of like Regehr, eh? Every single GM in the NHL would kill to have Regehr, especially teams that are close like the Sens, Avs, Wings, Flyers, Leafs, Devils. Fact is, Smyth is a top 2 blueliner in the NHL and he brings nearly the steadiness and toughness every coach/GM wants.

Again... pot calling kettle?

wow, Captain Canada, Ryan Smyth can play defense too? wow, what can't this guy do. he's amazing.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
mowzie said:
wow, Captain Canada, Ryan Smyth can play defense too? wow, what can't this guy do. he's amazing.

Can we please stop with this Captain Canada crap ?? If his NHL team could make the playoffs or get somehwhere when they do, the guy would never captain a Team Canada. He's not even captain of the Edmonton Oilers.

Back on topic, Brewer is playing great and is proving that it was a good decision to choose him. That aside, people still have the right to question him being chosen based on how bad he was last season. Lots of people have questioned the Regehr selection too but I still feel he deserves to be there. I would not go as far as making a thread on how he deserved to be there.....but that's just me.

By the way, there was only 1 thread about Brewer. It lasted a while but was only 1 thread. I stated from day one that I did not agree with the selection and I'm not going to take it back now. The guy is playing extremely well, that is good for Team Canada and Canadians. Let's just win it all and forget about all this garbage.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
blah said:
This needed it's own thread?
Oiler fans are a gentle bunch, they need constant reassureance on the play of Eric Brewer.

When the NHL regular season starts again, and he goes back to playing his usual good game, bad game routine I will update all the time since that is what they seem to need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad