GWT: EPL - Matchweek 7 (ft. MW 2)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Decent article looking at the case for a replay
Just going to point out some things for the people that aren’t going to read the article:

- at this time LFC have not formally asked for a replay

- the “wrong” decision WAS NOT made by the match officials. VAR knew Diaz was onside, was supposed to be telling officials that Diaz was onside , therefore the Mistake was in applying the decision; rather than getting the call wrong; this is what makes it different from all the other whatabout examples like Arsenal and Brentford people keep trying to bring up. This is also why this situation is unprecedented and worse. The VAR decision was onside and it was communicated as offsides.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think a replay would be fair, but it would also open a whole can of worms, so I think everyone would be better off to just accept this injustice of it and hope it evens out over the year.
As I have said,all I want out of this is more accountability, transparency and better improvements from PGMOL. If that happens this is a win for all fans of all teams

Reactions: robertmac43

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They are only addressing his second yellow and not the first one. So I strongly disagree. Thought that was a very cut-and-dried yellow.
This is true. Which is more damning because a panel that is more qualified than us is basically saying at least one of the Diogo yellows is objectively wrong. And the second one was far less dubious. I didn’t have a problem with the yellow at the time, but if a qualified independent panel says it was, then I’m going to go with them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad