GWT: EPL - Matchweek 7 (ft. MW 2)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
All of them, but one's filing charges
The squeaky wheel gets the grease! But again is this leads to improvements, then this is a good thing

Have they?
It required LFC to ask for the audio for the PGMOL to release them, 3 days after the game.

Now they finally realise that their current communication by VAR/on field official is ridiculous. When exposed to the world, it was apparent but we never hear them.
They will also consider reviewing officials travelling to officiate other games in other league.
They will implement a team of official dedicated for VAR duties only.

Why this never happened before? But suddenly when LFC push back, they bring solutions?
The funny thing about the audio to me was the non-PGMOL employee was the only one who spotted the error and tried to bring to attention despite be initially ignored

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I didn't read apart from @Duchene2MacKinnon trying to get my attention, again. Who cheated this time? Arsenal or Liverpool?
Liverpool got screwed. Their fans called it a conspiracy and the club and manager hinted at the same. Other fans have told Liverpool fans to relax with the conspiracy talk; Liverpool fans haven't liked it. Just today, their manager called for a replay of the game, but at the same time claimed he doesn't want a replay. Other fans have said that's silly.

The beneficiary, by the way, was Tottenham.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
TBF it's only Savant really getting into conspiracy theories (and too cowardly to produce data he says he has, sitting on a literal goldmine). At least so far as I can tell as I lost track of the pages about 15-20 pages ago.
1. I offered to PM to the info and you never replied. No one did. I’m not going to post something no one is actually going to care to read. Again tell me you want me to PM you so it’s on the record and I will.

2. I never said anything about a conspiracy theory. I said the VAR ref may have been jet lagged but that was it. And is also pretty tame

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
1. I offered to PM to the info and you never replied. No one did. I’m not going to post something no one is actually going to care to read. Again tell me you want me to PM you so it’s on the record and I will.

2. I never said anything about a conspiracy theory. I said the VAR ref may have been jet lagged but that was it. And is also pretty tame

Post it for all to see. I don't care about PM back-and-forths. I'm not doing that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Post it for all to see. I don't care about PM back-and-forths. I'm not doing that.
I’m not going to post something that no one is going to to care to read and people just going to use to point and laugh without actually reading and just use as more ammo to make fun. That I am good on.

I did give an example of one of the outliers recently in the trivia thread though if you care to look at that.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I’m not going to post something that no one is going to to care to read and people just going to use to point and laugh without actually reading and just use as more ammo to make fun. That I am good on.

I did give an example of one of the outliers recently in the trivia thread though if you care to look at that.

So cowardice. Got it.

You know, you don't even have to share it here. If you think your data is good, send it to a media outlet. I'm sure they'd love to publish it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Have they?
It required LFC to ask for the audio for the PGMOL to release them, 3 days after the game.

Now they finally realise that their current communication by VAR/on field official is ridiculous. When exposed to the world, it was apparent but we never hear them.
They will also consider reviewing officials travelling to officiate other games in other league.
They will implement a team of official dedicated for VAR duties only.

Why this never happened before? But suddenly when LFC push back, they bring solutions?
We've heard VAR communications already this year.

Yes, after a high profile incident PGMOL instituted solutions. Attributing that to Liverpool's whining is pretty silly; they did it after issues last season with significantly less whining or peddling of conspiracies.

I have never met a fanbase with a larger head and I'm an Arsenal fan.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It’s not my data to send. Publisher can send wherever they like

But it's your data to share by PM, sneak peek, yadada? So if I'd said it PM it to me, you would have sent me to data that's not yours to send? Data that uncovers a conspiracy against Liverpool? That Liverpool would be very happy to have and I'd get a hero's welcome at Anfield forever? Yeah?

Reactions: bluesfan94

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
But it's your data to share by PM, sneak peek, yadada? So if I'd said it PM it to me, you would have sent me to data that's not yours to send? Data that uncovers a conspiracy against Liverpool? That Liverpool would be very happy to have and I'd get a hero's welcome at Anfield forever? Yeah?
I can share via a PM, sure. That’s different than sending someone else’s work to a media source as you are stating. But I suspect you know that

Against I’m not saying it’s conspiracy, I’m saying that it shows some statistical outliers. For example, like I said in the trivia thread, the last player to get send off for receiving a second yellow card (edit: in the premier league as stated in trivia thread) against LFC was Sadio Mane when he played for Southampton. That was 301 matches ago. Every other team has had at least 5 of such sending offs in that same time period. The team with the most has 15. Doesn’t mean conspiracy, but how is that not an outlier?

Last edited:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I can share via a PM, sure. That’s different than sending someone else’s work to a media source as you are stating.

Against I’m not saying it’s conspiracy, I’m saying that it shows some statistical outliers. For example, like I said in the trivia thread, the last player to get send off for receiving a second yellow card against LFC was Sadio Mane when he played for Southampton. That was 301 matches ago. Every other team has had at least 5 of such sending offs in that same time period. Doesn’t mean conspiracy, but how is that not an outlier?

But why not share it here if you're willing to PM it to me? Because you're scared of others reaction? That's cowardice.

This is also mighty simple of you. What would stop me from sending it to a media source myself? You'd dick your friend up like that?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
But why not share it here if you're willing to PM it to me? Because you're scared of others reaction? That's cowardice.

This is also mighty simple of you. What would stop me from sending it to a media source myself? You'd dick your friend up like that?
Not sharing because no interest. All it will do is make people complain and no one genuinely going to care what’s my upside? I mean I posted an example and you are still ignoring that.

Not my friend, but also not my place. I have different discretion than you do. You can do whatever the hell you want.

• Haha
Reactions: Spring in Fialta

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
With the same set of referees, in the Carabao Cup semi-finals, Partey, having played all of 16 minutes, was sent off with two yellows in Jan. 2022, in a match that Liverpool had a goal awarded by a VAR overturn. Since that time, Arsenal has also had one second yellow against, which was this season, against Fulham.

This is just a quick search - can anyone provide any reason why the refs would only be against Liverpool in the league and not the semi-finals of a trophy?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
With the same set of referees, in the Carabao Cup semi-finals, Partey was sent off with two yellows in Jan. 2022, in a match that Liverpool had a goal awarded by a VAR overturn. Since that time, Arsenal has also had one second yellow against, which was this season, against Fulham.
Sorry - in trivia thread I stressed Premier League didn’t hear. But yeah that shows not a lot of interest

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
We've heard VAR communications already this year.

Yes, after a high profile incident PGMOL instituted solutions. Attributing that to Liverpool's whining is pretty silly; they did it after issues last season with significantly less whining or peddling of conspiracies.

I have never met a fanbase with a larger head and I'm an Arsenal fan.
Who is running the conspiracy? That game was shocker in term of officiating, that's a fact not a conspiracy.

If they wanted full transparency and full disclosure then they should release all VAR communications for all their decisions available to the public.

PGMOL have not done anything prior, what they did last year to fix this? Or the year prior to that? I have seen the same issues all over again. Heck to follow suit about other teams stating that their team were also affected by bad decisions in previous years and that LFC should stop crying/whining, what has PGMOL done to fix them? Nada. Nothing. Apology and move on. Fine any complaint in the media about them.

You make the assumption that PGMOL would fix these issues by themselves while historically this has always been wrong.

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
With the same set of referees, in the Carabao Cup semi-finals, Partey, having played all of 16 minutes, was sent off with two yellows in Jan. 2022, in a match that Liverpool had a goal awarded by a VAR overturn. Since that time, Arsenal has also had one second yellow against, which was this season, against Fulham.

This is just a quick search - can anyone provide any reason why the refs would only be against Liverpool in the league and not the semi-finals of a trophy?
Easy. The Cup had no implications for a Manchester team at that stage. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Savant

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Sorry - in trivia thread I stressed Premier League didn’t hear. But yeah that shows not a lot of interest
I noticed, which is why I didn't discuss the double yellow send off against Villarreal. But given that it was a PGMOL refereeing team headed by EPL referee Martin Atkinson, I'm confused as to why it should be ignored. Like I said, is your theory with this data that PGMOL is anti-Liverpool until it comes to semi-finals?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I noticed, which is why I didn't discuss the double yellow send off against Villarreal. But given that it was a PGMOL refereeing team headed by EPL referee Martin Atkinson, I'm confused as to why it should be ignored. Like I said, is your theory with this data that PGMOL is anti-Liverpool until it comes to semi-finals?
I mean it’s a larger sample size right? 38 game PL season is consistent and replicable. Additional games in cups are not. Again just talking about outliers here. No it doesn’t take LFC cup data into account, but it doesn’t take anyone else’s into account either so I wouldn’t exactly say it’s an unfair metric; especially because not everyone makes it to a semifinal; so that’s a outlier in itself. But let’s not throw FUD in. Is it not an outlier that within the same sample size?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I mean it’s a larger sample size right? 38 game PL season is consistent and replicable. Additional games in cups are not. Again just talking about outliers here. No it doesn’t take LFC cup data into account, but it doesn’t take anyone else’s into account either so I wouldn’t exactly say it’s an unfair metric; especially because not everyone makes it to a semifinal; so that’s a outlier in itself. But let’s not throw FUD in. Is it not an outlier that within the same sample size?
Okay then play it out to your conclusion. Analyze the data. What do you think the stat means practically?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Pretty incredible that they’ve removed that ref from Liverpool games. Also somewhat bewildered as to how much press this has gotten relative to other egregious issues. Like the red in that game was the same one Gusto got so it was consistent, and there wasn’t any intentional shenanigans based on that audio release with the VAR - just woeful incompetence.

Like there were a lot of murmurs based of years of weird Anthony Taylor / Chelsea stuff and it had a little bit of heat again last season, but any notion of having him not officiate chelsea matches was thrown down soooo quickly.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Pretty incredible that they’ve removed that ref from Liverpool games. Also somewhat bewildered as to how much press this has gotten relative to other egregious issues. Like the red in that game was the same one Gusto got so it was consistent, and there wasn’t any intentional shenanigans based on that audio release with the VAR - just woeful incompetence.

Like there were a lot of murmurs based of years of weird Anthony Taylor / Chelsea stuff and it had a little bit of heat again last season, but any notion of having him not officiate chelsea matches was thrown down soooo quickly.
a shame really, because Taylor's performances in Chelsea games have been uniformly appalling.

was he the ref for the Spurs game last year? can't remember.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad