GWT: EPL - Matchweek 6

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Perfect Arsenal goes to play a resurgent Man United. West Ham and Tottenham each get another London Derby. We have the Merseyside Derby.
HomeAwayTime and Date (CDT)Venue
EvertonLiverpoolSat., Sept. 3, 6:30 AMGoodison Park
Tottenham FulhamSat., Sept. 3, 9:00 AMWhite Hart Lane
Nottingham ForestBournemourhSat., Sept. 3, 9:00 AMCity Ground
Chelsea West Ham UnitedSat., Sept. 3, 9:00 AMStamford Bridge
BrentfordLeeds UnitedSat., Sept. 3, 9:00 AMGtech Community Stadium
WolverhamptonSouthamptonSat., Sept. 3, 9:00 AMMolineux Stadium
Newcastle UnitedCrystal PalaceSat., Sept. 3, 9:00 AMSt. James's Park
Aston VillaManchester CitySat., Sept. 3, 11:30 AMVilla Park
Brighton & Hove AlbionLeicester CitySun., Sept. 4, 8:00 AMThe AmEx
Manchester UnitedArsenalSun., Sept. 4, 10:30 AMOld Trafford

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Lots of attractive games, looking forward to it. Work's going to keep me holed up at home all weekend, so this will be the perfect accompaniment for the second monitor

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
In the vein of our last new signing who got sent off I hope Arthur kicks Pickford in the face. Would immediately change my mind about him.

• Haha
Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Now that the deadline is over, who does @Savant think will finish top 4?
City run away with the league and it will be very tight 2-6. I’m going to sleep on the rest. Honestly think top four will be City and the London teams. Chelsea and Liverpool probably about the same odds to me but Chelsea will probably be more aggressive in January to go for the kill. Aubameyang is going to have to carry that offense though.

I think Utd is better but I think it’s too many points compared to what they got last year to make up that ground.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Antony to debut against Arsenal... wish he would debut later hahaha probably off the bench, I guess. Biggest test for Arsenal so far, gotta show this team can win derbys also

Reactions: maclean

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Antony to debut against Arsenal... wish he would debut later hahaha probably off the bench, I guess. Biggest test for Arsenal so far, gotta show this team can win derbys also

Yea I assume he’ll be on the bench and only come in if United either have a multi-goal lead or are chasing the game.

I’d say the latter is much more likely.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
City run away with the league and it will be very tight 2-6. I’m going to sleep on the rest. Honestly think top four will be City and the London teams. Chelsea and Liverpool probably about the same odds to me but Chelsea will probably be more aggressive in January to go for the kill. Aubameyang is going to have to carry that offense though.

I think Utd is better but I think it’s too many points compared to what they got last year to make up that ground.

It's City then Arsenal and Liverpool quite close then a gap and I'm not even sure Chelsea gets a top 4. They're not in the same level as Ars/Liv right now and probably won't be for a while, Tuchel's system offensively has never been good and now the defence isn't covering for it either.

Last year that game Arsenal lost to City had a red card involved I believe, Arsenal was in that game and kept it close. They've gotten better since, albeit so has City at least in attack.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It's City then Arsenal and Liverpool quite close then a gap and I'm not even sure Chelsea gets a top 4. They're not in the same level as Ars/Liv right now and probably won't be for a while, Tuchel's system offensively has never been good and now the defence isn't covering for it either.

Last year that game Arsenal lost to City had a red card involved I believe, Arsenal was in that game and kept it close. They've gotten better since, albeit so has City at least in attack.
Right now it’s arsenal/city and then Liverpool/Tottenham.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Honestly it’s one of those years where I feel Liverpool either finishes 2nd or they finish 5th. Which probably doesn’t make sense to anyone else. Like if they are in a fight for 4th I don’t think it comes out well. But if they create distance (duh) they’ll be okay.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
What was in the Gary Neville post that’s got him in hot water? I’m fascinated that every article I read about it doesn’t show the post, but also doesn’t include a line like “because of the court’s action our paper will not be sharing the contents of the post.”

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
What was in the Gary Neville post that’s got him in hot water? I’m fascinated that every article I read about it doesn’t show the post, but also doesn’t include a line like “because of the court’s action our paper will not be sharing the contents of the post.”
There's an injunction on the post in question. Since it was referred to the attorney General, it can't be published.

The morning of Gigg's assault trial Gary posted on Instagram "TRUTH. ALWAYS. WINS...unfortunately liars get to go first" which because of his "influence" was seen by the prosecution as something that could sway public opinion and by proxy, the jury.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Starting XI feels very fan picked today. Don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing yet.

Darwin, Carvalho, Tsimikas starting over Firmino, Milner (who I though was nailed on to start), and Robertson.

Rotating a bit with UCL midweek. LFC only win if they score first.

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Fat Frank had the grounds crew keep that grass real long today.

Successive dives by Gordon and Gray.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad