GWT: EPL - Matchweek 4

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
think that is what happens but who knows.

I honestly don't think he has a clue about tactics.

Gerrard started 3 defensive midfielders and the ghost of Coutinho against West Ham today, a team that had not scored yet in the Premier League, and still managed to lose. Rangers got so much better when Gerrard was replaced by Van Bronckhorst, just saying. Man that first half was probably the worst piece of football I've seen this year.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Gerrard started 3 defensive midfielders and the ghost of Coutinho against West Ham today, a team that had not scored yet in the Premier League, and still managed to lose. Rangers got so much better when Gerrard was replaced by Van Bronckhorst, just saying. Man that first half was probably the worst piece of football I've seen this year.
Most overrated player of all time. At his best a luxury player and a passenger at his worst not even serviceable. And he's been closer to his worst than his best for much of his career. Hell Gerrard's loyalty to him probably will cost him his job. Shame Gerrard absolutely bailed barca out but there's no where to hide for either of them now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Do we have a southampton fan on here? I feel like we do, but I can't for the life of me remember who. If anyone can help me out, how has ABK (Armel Bella Kotchap) been settling in?

He needed a few months to adjust to the first division last year, struggling to track BuLi1 attackers through crowds & losing his starting spot for a while before coming on strong in the 2nd half of the season

...so I'm not really expecting the sun & the moon any time soon, but I am very high on that kid and I can't help but be curious.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Some interesting Spurs stats:

- 5th most shots conceded.
- Joint lowest shots on target.
- 2nd lowest xG.

This essentially highlights that Conte has been setting the team up in a low block, forcing teams to shoot from afar. This is quite different from what he did last season, where he mostly utilized a mid-block. So far it seems to work, but I'm unsure of it's viability in certain games.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Do we have a southampton fan on here? I feel like we do, but I can't for the life of me remember who. If anyone can help me out, how has ABK (Armel Bella Kotchap) been settling in?

He needed a few months to adjust to the first division last year, struggling to track BuLi1 attackers through crowds & losing his starting spot for a while before coming on strong in the 2nd half of the season

...so I'm not really expecting the sun & the moon any time soon, but I am very high on that kid and I can't help but be curious.

I watched the Saints vs United game and he was the best player on the pitch. Seemed like he shut down every United attack that went his way. Was making interceptions, blocking shots, winning aerial duals, also advancing the ball forward from his own half. The only thing he did wrong was his shooting, which is why he's a CB, couple of chances in the opposing 3rd he blazed over. Him and Salisu kept Southampton in that game and will keep them in all games this year, they won't be the reason they go down if they do. They need more clinical finishers as they had their chances but couldn't convert.

Reactions: cgf

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

He looked very good against United I thought.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

He was really good against United on Saturday. Can’t say for the rest of the season though.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
I think at least 90% of villa fans want to see Luis/Kamara double pivot as without that, we don’t have a foothold in games. As soon as he replaced Luiz with Ramsay & McGinn shifted back, we collapsed. McGinn is a problem

Most overrated player of all time. At his best a luxury player and a passenger at his worst not even serviceable. And he's been closer to his worst than his best for much of his career. Hell Gerrard's loyalty to him probably will cost him his job. Shame Gerrard absolutely bailed barca out but there's no where to hide for either of them now.
Yeah he’s been quite overrated & Gerrard keeps playing over guys like Buendia, Bailey, even Sanson.

And now it looks like Gerrard might’ve lost us those 3 and Traore. He needs to go

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I watched the Saints vs United game and he was the best player on the pitch. Seemed like he shut down every United attack that went his way. Was making interceptions, blocking shots, winning aerial duals, also advancing the ball forward from his own half. The only thing he did wrong was his shooting, which is why he's a CB, couple of chances in the opposing 3rd he blazed over. Him and Salisu kept Southampton in that game and will keep them in all games this year, they won't be the reason they go down if they do. They need more clinical finishers as they had their chances but couldn't convert.

Nice, sounds like he's adapting smoothly then cause that description is exactly the kid I fell in love with in BuLi2; when he was at the heart of Bochum's promotion campaign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad