GWT: EPL - Matchweek 34 (ft. MW 29)

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I would rather City win because if Arsenal win the posters on the board are going to be unbearable.

If City win again nothing changes except for maybe one post by the random City fan.
if i wasn't already militating against an arsenal win because london rivals and somesuch this would be enough to make me not want it. the thing is though, regardless of who wins the title, we'll be treated to a whole year (probably more) of "we had the most goals scored and the fewest goals against, the best indicators of who the best team in the league really was". so we're f***ed anyway.

thank god for bayern is all i'll say
I struggle to find a fanbase on this board that isn't insufferable when their team is doing well.
honestly if i can say anything about our Chelsea contingent it's that we've gotten way more annoying since the team has sucked shit

Reactions: bluesfan94

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'd like to think that us United folk have been pretty decent by and large since we've been a tire fire.

Let me tell you though, if we ever get back, it's so on.
To be fair, last year or two has been some pretty humble stuff from United. I guess this long out there is tough for some of the supporters. I imagine some of the usual suspects have gone the way of the Cowboys. Put it away in the closet until they're back on top. First year or two in the wilderness were not that. But it has been a bit hilarious to see the false dawns over and over.

Also wild. We could play this game all day, I guess that's what it's like to be getting old lol.
Everyone's getting old. I keep seeing like old videos or like the throw back stuff on twitter from Liverpool moments, and I'm like, shit, I actually remember watching that on TV.

But that Tsimikas contract extension / shrug. Good guy, but man, not a good player.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
if i wasn't already militating against an arsenal win because london rivals and somesuch this would be enough to make me not want it. the thing is though, regardless of who wins the title, we'll be treated to a whole year (probably more) of "we had the most goals scored and the fewest goals against, the best indicators of who the best team in the league really was". so we're f***ed anyway.

I actually feel like the Arsenal contingent has chilled out a lot compared to a few years back... Like actually being relevant maybe means less overcompensation? But obviously I'm not impartial. Personally I'm satisfied that we're finally trending upwards. Our work is far from done, so it's hardly the end of the world that The Inevitables will bag another title.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
My opinion matters little, but I think some of the chilled response is due to two factors.

One, City, no matter what, is still there, and still is the betting favorite.

Second, there's been plenty of choking. Lot of times when it looked like they were making improvements. When they looked like they had a chance.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I actually feel like the Arsenal contingent has chilled out a lot compared to a few years back... Like actually being relevant maybe means less overcompensation? But obviously I'm not impartial. Personally I'm satisfied that we're finally trending upwards. Our work is far from done, so it's hardly the end of the world that The Inevitables will bag another title.
That's because the amount of shit talking to Arsenal posters have lowered once the team became good again.

Posters here had the audacity to tell us to make our own thread but would suck Savant's dick each time he hijacks one with his stupid takes.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
That's because the amount of shit talking to Arsenal posters have lowered once the team became good again.

Posters here had the audacity to tell us to make our own thread but would suck Savant's dick each time he hijacks one with his stupid takes.

The funny thing is that when the team became good again the Arsenal thread died almost instantly. You have to wonder why.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It is about damn time Everton won a Merseyside Derby, felt like 30 years last time they won.

Like I told you lot a month ago, LFC wasn't finishing the season with only 3 losses. Then factor in the luck element where they have the most 75+ minute goals and you might have a team that falls from the race. Personally, I think they're as dangerous as anyone because Arsenal and City should also drop points with the upcoming fixtures as well. People saying KFC is out of it are super naive considering that Arsenal still have Spurs at WHL and United at Old Trafford, while City has Brighton at Falmer today, Spurs at WHL and West Ham at home. There are still many variables up in the air.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I struggle to find a fanbase on this board that isn't insufferable when their team is doing well.
Well, as far as I'm aware the Leverkusen fanbase on this board is... me. I think they've done pretty well this year and I'm like, pretty ok. Right? :)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It is about damn time Everton won a Merseyside Derby, felt like 30 years last time they won.

Like I told you lot a month ago, LFC wasn't finishing the season with only 3 losses. Then factor in the luck element where they have the most 75+ minute goals and you might have a team that falls from the race. Personally, I think they're as dangerous as anyone because Arsenal and City should also drop points with the upcoming fixtures as well. People saying KFC is out of it are super naive considering that Arsenal still have Spurs at WHL and United at Old Trafford, while City has Brighton at Falmer today, Spurs at WHL and West Ham at home. There are still many variables up in the air.
I think LFC were always the third best team in the league. Not everyone agreed with me preseason; certainly not many pundits; but LFC are basically finishing where they should. In August, I would have loved if you told me they’d be Top 4 and have a trophy. Just looks bad now because how close they were, but the reality is this team was much closer to overachieving to underachieving. But the narrative isn’t going to reflect that. Either way, you only have to worry about City and yourselves now, I assure you

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If Brighton wins today it will be massive, even a point.

Currently we have Ferguson, Estupinan, Mitoma, March, and Hinshelwood all out with season ending injuries.

Those first 4 names were some of the most impactful for the first couple months of the season.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Not a dive from Foden in that he legitimately slipped, but he should have some shame asking for the foul. I think if you score directly from a freekick, the foul that leads to a freekick should be able to be VAR'd

Reactions: maclean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad