GWT: EPL - Matchweek 34 (ft. MW 29)

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Would have liked to get Rice and Odegaard off there, but understand that Tomi and Partey don't have the legs. And I get wanting to take off Havertz. Trossard maybe could have gone the full 90, but I also understand wanting to get Martinelli on the pitch.
Oh, and Saka. I guess that's just this time of year.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
i decided not to buy a chelsea kit this year because i couldn't be sure they wouldn't immediately render it obsolete (i wanted gally on the back)

that kid is spot f***ing on

Problem is it doesn't seem like that's Chelsea's ethos as a club at all. Not to rehash this because I've gone on and on about it but I genuinely struggle to reconcile how the club could organically promote such a mentality within their organization while simultaneously regarding other clubs as playthings. I think the disconnect is just too deep.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Problem is it doesn't seem like that's Chelsea's ethos as a club at all. Not to rehash this because I've gone on and on about it and I genuinely struggle to reconcile how the club could organically promote such a mentality within their organization while simultaneously regarding other clubs as playthings. I think the disconnect is just too deep.
at the end of the day, it's my fault for enjoying playing as them on FIFA when i was 10 years old

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Interesting that it's Vieira on for Saka. Not sure who else I would expect with Nelson not on the bench (perhaps Nketiah and moving Jesus to a wing), but if Vieira is being penciled in as a winger, that may change the shopping list this offseason.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
at the end of the day, it's my fault for enjoying playing as them on FIFA when i was 10 years old

Oh I don't mean that at all, I don't think the fans have anything to feel bad about at all. You like the club you like the club. There's nothing wrong with that.

I mean more at an internal level. Like, I'm sure City promotes the City way inside but does that really have an effect as opposed to just dominating financially and finding the right tactical/talent fits?

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Interesting that it's Vieira on for Saka. Not sure who else I would expect with Nelson not on the bench (perhaps Nketiah and moving Jesus to a wing), but if Vieira is being penciled in as a winger, that may change the shopping list this offseason.
you're 5-0 up with 10 minutes left, i wouldn't overthink the ramifications of this substitution for your shopping list lmao

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
add ETH to the appendix of my list, how could I forget the Crying Dutchman
Out of all the managers; Xavi is number one and not even CLOSE to number two who is Tuchel. ETH might complain about calls last year, but Xavi has a princess mentality and overexaggerates every call that does not go his way and how Barca might face relegation because of it.
it works better as just "beat", given your historic proclivity for choking
I do not disagree, we love losing to the Monacos' and Bayerns' of the CL and the Southamptons' and Chelseas' of the EPL. We're like Superman, destroy everything in our sights, but give us a struggling mid-table club from the midlands on a rainy Thursday night when no football should be played and we get hammered.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I for one am looking forward to seeing which Tottenham starter is abducted by aliens or whatever on Friday. Already lost Udogie

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Me: "why wouldn't I cheer for this team, I love playing with RvP, Fabregas, and Nasri!"

That was short lived.
see i much later, once the chelsea was extremely entrenched, got to experience the joy of playing with fabregas on fifa and it rocked really hard

might watch the extremely important promotion match between leicester and southampton rather than watch chelsea w/o palmer and gusto
so this game is also 5-0 LOL

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Fun hammering Chelsea and makes our GD in pretty good shape but even if we go spotless the rest of the way - it appears the only way Arsenal have a chance is if Spurs can hold City to a tie in their fixture in a few weeks. I just can’t see anybody else on their schedule nicking any points off them.

God it’s so annoying this is gonna come down to us laying such a turd against Villa.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
seven minutes!?!?!?

the only stoppages have been goals and none of those stoppages have been long!?!?!?!?

i expect the club to tweet about this

living in North America is dark man

I've never been able to pick a team that's not based on something directly related to my background. So the only teams I genuinely love are the Habs and Morocco (+ Canada but they're not as competitive/have the same footballing history).

I love the Baltimore Ravens right now but idk if that will last post-Lamar Jackson.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Did all of you just pick teams off of FIFA? I feel like it's every poster's origin story
Pretty much. Imagine if I got a team like United or Spurs more often when hitting random team to play my friends on FIFA. Almost makes me want to throw up thinking about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00