GWT: EPL - Matchweek 34 (ft. MW 28)

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Shaw needs to shut up for once, every game he bitches to players who are down on the pitch, multiple times.

Clearest hand ball there is.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Luke Shaw and Bruno Fernandes are the absolute worsts.
Bruno is amongst the most dislikeable players in the world. When ManU fans say Bruno should be the captain i can’t help but laugh. His biggest issue is he thinks he is so much better than he actually is. He often hurts his team by trying to be a hero by playing a pass that no one on this earth can make, or shooting from distance despite having terrible conversion rate.

Then ManU fans repeat the same ”Bruno should be the captain because he demands so much from his teammates and is passionate” line and ignore the fact that Bruno is so selfish that he lets up on plays to just sit on the pitch and spread his arms when he loses the ball and everyone else run back to their own half.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It should be. But that’s a tough run in. Arsenal, City, Newcastle, better Villa and occasionally giving a crap Southampton. Even Everton need points badly,

Liverpool have a much easier run in, but still some tricky matches. Too bad they started a good run a bit late

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Result and second half performance not a massive surprise. United aren't great away from home.

Antony poor and idiotic. Casemiro well off the pace. Too many to list.

Reactions: Gecklund

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Not gonna lie it'd be hilarious if United collapsed and let Liverpool back into the top 4 after all the shit Liverpool went through this season lol.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Anyway, I think overall Mariner had a really bad game. He routinely bought a bunch of dives from both sides but then let worse stuff go. Refused to book multiple players for diving (Rashford was a clear one I recall). Didn’t give Casemiro a second yellow. Etc.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not gonna lie it'd be hilarious if United collapsed and let Liverpool back into the top 4 after all the shit Liverpool went through this season lol.

If Liverpool win out, United would need to get 7 points to be level with them although they have a way worse GD so 8 would realistically be needed.

8 points in 5 matches *should* be fairly easy given who they’re playing. But they’ve also looked really poor recently.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Think LFC needed Aston Villa to beat Utd over the weekend. It’s over, which is a shame because while they are both bad, LFC is clearly better than Utd. LFC just hemorrhaged too many points to bad teams

• Haha

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Think LFC needed Aston Villa to beat Utd over the weekend. It’s over, which is a shame because while they are both bad, LFC is clearly better than Utd. LFC just hemorrhaged too many points to bad teams

Are they really clearly better?

United started the season rough and then settled in well. They’ve struggled the last few weeks but that’s while playing their 3rd and 5th string CBs.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think we're much worse than United but the cookie crumbled a certain way where it's possible for us to pip them to fourth. The way both teams neglected certain positions was really weird.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Striker is the most obvious

Right, but coming into the season they had Ronaldo with Martial backing him up. Ronaldo obviously fell off a cliff but he bagged 18 league goals for them last year and there's worse backups than Martial.

Obviously when you take away your expected starting #9 and the backup spends 2/3 of the season injured, you end up with trash up top.

They'd also bought Sancho the year before and Antony this year to bolster attack (along with midfield upgrades like Eriksen.

They've definitely made bad decisions at certain positions, but I don't think they've really neglected any. They generally addressed their biggest positions of need in bringing in Martinez, Casemiro, and Eriksen.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Are they really clearly better?

United started the season rough and then settled in well. They’ve struggled the last few weeks but that’s while playing their 3rd and 5th string CBs.
Yeah. The team that beat the other team 7-0 (when the losing team was in form) is clearly better in my opinion. Both teams have been injured and inconsistent. I’ll go with the head to head/most recent evidence. I stand by it

I think we're much worse than United but the cookie crumbled a certain way where it's possible for us to pip them to fourth. The way both teams neglected certain positions was really weird.
I honestly believe the inverse of this. The cookie crumbled bad for us and good for them and now both teams are kind of regressing / revising to where they should be; but Utd have a bigger piece of the cookie

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I honestly believe the inverse of this. The cookie crumbled bad for us and good for them and now both teams are kind of regressing / revising to where they should be; but Utd have a bigger piece of the cookie
The only real argument in our favor is GD. I still don’t see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad