GWT: EPL - Matchweek 32

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
ye kane is gone doesnt look like i be watching much spurs football foor few seasons after this one dont got much interest in watching a team fight for mid table lol. more bundesliga i guess.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I was watching the quarterfinals of the Austrian Darts Open after it was 2-0 Newcastle. One of the matches was 4-0 after 4 legs and the announcer said, "This is in danger of turning into a Tottenham match."

The game was still going on and other sports were making fun of Spurs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Has yet to use that to his advantage either.

Not surprised. I've liked him a lot for our U21 team, but he is still very raw...and not the ABK 'gets lost in crowds' kind of raw. Schade is ready to use his physical tools against tired defenders, but that's about it at the senior level.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Not surprised. I've liked him a lot for our U21 team, but he is still very raw.
I find his movement is very amateurish. Very raw. Tools with no toolbox type of thing. We'll probably lose Toney so I was hoping for a diamond in the rough. I doubt we're the team to help his development.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I find his movement is very amateurish. Very raw. Tools with no toolbox type of thing. We'll probably lose Toney so I was hoping for a diamond in the rough. I doubt we're the team to help his development.

Yeah, at least on the wing. When our U21 NT played him up front after Moukoko's promotion, Schade's movement was surprisingly impressive...but we're talking about a limited sample size at the youth level.

I'm not at all confident in him reaching his potential...like I am a kid like Adeyemi (now)...because of how raw Schade is, but his potential isn't too far off Karem's if he does put it all together.

I thought it was too early for someone to pay that much for him, but EPL money does change the calculus :dunno:

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Yeah, at least on the wing. When our U21 NT played him up front after Moukoko's promotion, Schade's movement was surprisingly impressive...but we're talking about a limited sample size at the youth level.

I'm not at all confident in him reaching his potential...like I am a kid like Adeyemi (now)...because of how raw Schade is, but his potential isn't too far off Karem's if he does put it all together.

I thought it was too early for someone to pay that much for him, but EPL money does change the calculus :dunno:
It's just a loan deal isn't it? I know you're trolling like usual, but Brentford doesn't have the money to spend like drunken German tourist at a whore house.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's just a loan deal isn't it? I know you're trolling like usual, but Brentford doesn't have the money to spend like drunken German tourists.
I thought it was a buy obligation if he hit certain low-level criteria that he had either already met or was close to meeting?

And I wasn't trying to troll there, being able to run a 50M transfer deficit is not something many german clubs can afford...that's more than our all-time netspend on transfers. So it would change how much you can afford to spend on a longterm prospect.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I thought it was a buy obligation if he hit certain low-level criteria that he had either already met or was close to meeting?

And I wasn't trying to troll there, being able to run a 50M transfer deficit is not something many german clubs can afford...that's more than our all-time netspend on transfers. So it would change how much you can afford to spend on a longterm prospect.
I'm sure once the Buli catches on like the MLS , business will improve.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holding is going to need to turn in to the best defender of all time for us that game.
I caught up with the games over the weekend and Holding honestly wasn't that bad nor at fault for any of the goals. But holy shiznite, what a nightmare that Gabriel went through. I love him, he's one of my favourite players, but he was the single worse player in the last three matches bar none. Getting abused by his lack of IQ and anticipation. He's great at scoring goals as a CB, but at this point, I think you might want to upgrade him in the offseason. I was hoping that we could keep him since Liverpool won the CL and EPL titles with a CB core of VvD and Gomez/Matip and he could've been our Gomez/Matip, but he's been the opposite of those at that point.

If Jorginho or Nelson's goal was the highest point of euphoria in this season, that miss pen by Saka to be scored on ten seconds later has to be the biggest gut punch so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad