GWT: EPL - Matchweek 32

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
With some postponements due to the FA Cup, a relatively light week. Still, we get a couple big relegation matches in London, Leicester, and Bournemouth, and the battle for fourth heads to the Tyneside.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
ArsenalSouthamptonFri., Apr. 21, 2:00 PMThe Emirates
FulhamLeeds United Sat., Apr. 22, 6:30 AMCraven Cottage
Crystal PalaceEvertonSat., Apr. 22, 9:00 AMSelhurst Park
LiverpoolNottingham ForestSat., Apr. 22, 9:00 AMAnfield
BrentfordAston VillaSat., Apr. 22, 9:00 AMGtech Community Stadium
Leicester CityWolverhampton WanderersSat., Apr. 22, 9:00 AMKing Power Stadium
Newcastle UnitedTottenham HotspurSun., Apr. 23, 8:00 AMSt. James's Park
BournemouthWest Ham United Sun., Apr. 23, 8:00 AMVitality Stadium

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Massive weekend once again. This is one of the most stressful final stretches in recent memory for me.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I thought that was a handball on Trent tbh. First away goal vs bottom ten this season 1-0 LFC. Gakpo with the tap in
I’m not complaining because I want Leeds to lose, but if that happened against West Ham I’d be fuming.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m not complaining because I want Leeds to lose, but if that happened against West Ham I’d be fuming.
Yeah I didn’t think that was going to go LFC’s way. Hard to complain about it but wouldn’t have argued if that came back

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's definitely better than Ward and Bazunu.
I wouldn’t argue either of those. I think Kelleher starts for a bunch of these bottom half teams. He would walk into Leeds and Leicester teams especially

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Gotta think that wraps up the points.

Pretty poor keeping from Meslier there, too. If you're going to come, you have to win it. And then he put the large side of his body on the side where Jota all but couldn't put the ball.

Edit: wrong thread; I did this to myself by not waiting until the game was over.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Every game's a must-win at this point, but considering City gets to put this one in the bank and we're playing the absolutely last-place team, I'm not going to be happy with anything less than smooth sailing. My poor old heart is suffering enough as it is

Reactions: robertmac43

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dunno. Maybe he pulled a hamstring while farming potatoes? He’s playing against big boys now. Can’t do stuff like that anymore.

All one has to do is compare Haaland, de Bruyne, Son, Sane, Firmino, & Mane's EPL #s to their BuLi #s, to see which league it's easier for a capable defender to stand out in :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Just compare Haaland, Son, Sane, & Mane's EPL #s to their BuLi #s.

It's pretty obvious which league it's easier for a capable defender to stand out in :sarcasm:

Sane wasn’t that good in EPL and Mane are finished. Bad signing. Son had one really good season and a couple of ok. Shit this season. Haaland obviously scoring goals thanks to playing for a team who knows how to feed him. If City played in the Bundesliga he would score 100 goals.

Do you want me to list all players from BuLi who’s shit in EPL?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sane wasn’t that good in EPL and Mane are finished. Bad signing. Son had one really good season and a couple of ok. Shit this season. Haaland obviously scoring goals thanks to playing for a team who knows how to feed him. If City played in the Bundesliga he would score 100 goals.

Do you want me to list all players from BuLi who’s shit in EPL?

As an arsenal fan you might not know this, but excuses are for losers :sarcasm:

And what have you got? Sancho, Havertz, Werner, Schurrle, Haller, & Awoniyi?

Is that what you're bringing against Haaland, de Bruyne, Son, Sane, Mane, Firmino, Xhaka, & Özil?

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
As an arsenal fan you might not know this, but excuses are for losers :sarcasm:

And what have you got? Sancho, Havertz, Werner, Schurrle, Haller, & Awoniyi?

Is that what you're bringing against Haaland, de Bruyne, Son, Sane, Mane, Firmino, Xhaka, & Özil?

One good season from Xhaka doesn’t make him a success. Firmino recorded 16 goals twice in the Bundesliga. His highest total in one season in EPL is 15. De Bruyne was also very good in both leagues.

I could go on all night with flops from Bundesliga. Don’t have the time and it’s great weather outside.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sane was electric in the Premier League before his big injury, everything else is revisionist history.
That also he and pep butt heads. But he was fantastic to watch when he entered epl. There has to be a middle ground between all bundesliga talents bust and what ever my friend @cgf hypes every talent. :)

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad