GWT: EPL - Matchweek 31

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They could score a dozen on Sunday.
Sure, I mean we know they can score at OT. They just have to be able to keep their heads.

Oddly losing the FA Cup game kind of makes me feel better about this one? But these Utd aways, it feels like we either blow them out or drop points so who knows

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
United will be up for it against Liverpool. Their form doesn't matter.

I actually want to see Gakpo start on the left over Diaz.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
two clown coaches
1712295708073.png

1712295757281.jpeg

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Well Manchester is a very nice city and quite safe compared to London, not to mention you are paid like 10x more and have the chance to be in the biggest spotlight world wide (other than Real Madrid/Barcelona)

I haven't been to Manchester either but a friend of mine lived there for a year and the general vibe she reported from it was to the tune of "people cracked out of their minds on bath salts wandering the downtown in full daylight like an absolute zombie apocalypse"

Yeah, I think my thoughts are also influenced by the fact that I've never had any real interest in visiting England. Nothing against the place, there's just so many others I'd rather get to first.

It basically looks like Canada but denser and a lot more security cameras

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
United are like Liverpool pre-Klopp. Not very good, but can get up for it. They're a cup team.

I would not be shocked if Liverpool get thumped if they show up like they have the last two. Poor starts are not good enough.

That said, a thumping for ETH might mean Southgate.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I haven't been to Manchester either but a friend of mine lived there for a year and the general vibe she reported from it was to the tune of "people cracked out of their minds on bath salts wandering the downtown in full daylight like an absolute zombie apocalypse"

It basically looks like Canada but denser and a lot more security cameras

Fair enough albeit I don't think I'd have any interest in living in Canada outside of the big three (Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver).

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
United will be up for it against Liverpool. Their form doesn't matter.

I actually want to see Gakpo start on the left over Diaz.
I disagree 100%, Diaz is a beast right now, not scoring as much as we all want but he tracks back and has decided to take on defenders again. I fully expect Manchester United to play counter football and longball to Rashford, Hojlund and Garnacho and sit back. Liverpool need to stop losing the ball in midfield as much as they did versus Sheffield. I don't mind long ball that miss or crosses in the box but short passes or interception in mifield always allow the opposition to play quick counter and make LFC very vulnerable.

Reactions: luiginb

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Montreal is overrated AF tbh

Talking to the wrong guy. I think it's first-rate personally on a variety of levels (culture, neighborhood life, festivals, food etc.). Just expensive. And construction can be very annoying. I think it's unique and I'm glad it's my hometown.

Last edited:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
My favourite big city in Canada, just becoming overly expensive now.

Considering that it's twice the size of Vancouver, rent and real estate (albeit still rising is expensive) is still (somewhat) reasonable, especially when compared to Toronto and Vancouver. Going out costs a fortune though.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Talking to the wrong guy. I think it's first-rate personally on a variety of levels (culture, neighborhood life, festivals, food etc.). Just expensive. And construction can be very annoying. I think it's unique and I'm glad it's my hometown.
Montreal is pretty much a partying and events/festivities town tbh, but at least it’s multicultural which is fun

But yeah we only have 2 seasons here, 9 month winter and construction 😂

Considering that it's twice the size of Vancouver, rent and real estate (albeit still rising is expensive) is still (somewhat) reasonable, especially when compared to Toronto and Vancouver. Going out costs a fortune though.
Yeah I live in Old Montreal and going out here isn’t cheap.

And cost of living is not as bad compared to Vancouver and Toronto
We do have the highest provincial taxes in the country, but I wonder if it’s offset by the lower cost of living

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Montreal is pretty much a partying and events/festivities town tbh, but at least it’s multicultural which is fun

But yeah we only have 2 seasons here, 9 month winter and construction 😂

Yeah I live in Old Montreal and going out here isn’t cheap.

And cost of living is not as bad compared to Vancouver and Toronto
We do have the highest provincial taxes in the country, but I wonder if it’s offset by the lower cost of living

Having lots of the winter being snowless this year just to get hit with yesterday's snow dump was a move. Was out walking the dog this morning though and it's already melting.

Yeah, Old Montreal is expensive as hell. I'm in the Plateau and it's the same story here. You'll have some older/cheaper/classic joints but still. Paris/France has taken over here though.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Montreal is overrated AF tbh

Is it though? Depends on your context for comparison. Like in terms of Canada I don't think you can really compare. I've barely been anywhere in the States so I can't safely say how it compares, but Americans seem to hold it in high regard as well, so I'm guessing it holds up. But obviously also depends on your personal preferences and criteria. I also can't entirely judge how much it's changed in recent years

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
What's overrated about Montreal? I can take a 2 hour flight and feel like I've landed in Europe. It's an incredible place to visit.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I have a buddy moving there and I'm excited to visit, but admittedly, Quebec City is higher on my list.

Quebec City is beautiful (it's where I went to university) and is probably a cooler winter visit than Montreal is whereas Montreal in the summer is one of my favorite places on the planet.

If you're into old, European architecture, Old Quebec is a must see.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
it’s nothing like Europe lol

It depends on the area but overall, I'd agree. It's most the Europeanesque metropolis in North America but pound for pound it's not all that similar to Europe. Its very much its own thing with a European influence. Honestly a lot of it just looks like diet NYC. Actually Boston would probably be more apt if anything.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
It depends on the area but overall, I'd agree. It's most the Europeanesque metropolis in North America but pound for pound it's not all that similar to Europe. Its very much its own thing with a European influence. Honestly a lot of it just looks like diet NYC. Actually Boston would probably be more apt if anything.
I've never been to Boston, but I've heard good things about it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad