GWT: EPL - Matchweek 31

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Unless you’re in the touristy parts of Old Montreal, it feels way more older American city than the supposedly hyper American Toronto does.

I lived in Saint Henri when I lived in Montreal, and the Sud Ouest might as well be Chicago.

Toronto sucks as a tourist but I adore living there.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Unless you’re in the touristy parts of Old Montreal, it feels way more older American city than the supposedly hyper American Toronto does.

I lived in Saint Henri when I lived in Montreal, and the Sud Ouest might as well be Chicago.

Toronto sucks as a tourist but I adore living there.
Saint-Henri is now one of the hottest spot in Montreal. So many new restaurants, bars and condos.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Saint-Henri is now one of the hottest spot in Montreal. So many new restaurants, bars and condos.
Oh trust me, I know - I lived there recently enough to know this. The condo-ification has been largely limited to along the canal though (unlike in Petite Bourgogne and Griffintown), and so there's still a marked difference between the two sides of Atwater. Paid extraordinarily good rent in Saint Henri I'll tell ya.

If you cross the canal, there's a similar dynamic between Verdun and, say, Ville Emard or LaSalle.

I have a very soft spot for Montreal, even though I actively chose to come back to Toronto. But Toronto gets a bad rap, IMO. There's so much wrong with it, but it's got so much going on and I really do love that I've ended up there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad