GWT: EPL - Matchweek 30

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
lol that’s a foul by Gordon and he’s going to win a penalty by sticking his foot behind the ball. Ridiculous.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I don't think it's the head injury thing it's the fact that a player is down and play is stopped. You shouldn't let play be restarted when a player is down.
Schar decided to play act and got burned. Everyone wants the abuse of head injuries stopped and then when a ref decides to play on everyone gets mad. I don’t get it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Schar decided to play act and got burned. Everyone wants the abuse of head injuries stopped and then when a ref decides to play on everyone gets mad. I don’t get it.
He got smacked in the face pretty good. But it's not about the head injury. If he was down because he rolled his ankle I'd feel the exact same.

Reactions: luiginb

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
not sure if anyone else saw this in the first half, but it looked like (imo) Burn committed a dogso challenge by body checking Kudus.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Game changed when West Ham subbed off Antoino. He was able to hold the ball up and provide some trouble for Newcastle's CBs. No pressure on them after that allowed Newcastle to dominate possession and gave them extra time to find the right pass.

Was shocking refereeing to allow play to restart on West Ham's second goal. Regardless of how serious the injury is, the ref should have checked on Schar before play was allowed to restart.

Reactions: JPBolts

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
I think that was a fair shoulder to shoulder challenge.
fair enough, it's always subjective. If I'm center and a situation like that happens -- I'd see it as a clear foul by Burn and the positioning means that its DOGSO.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Just an atrociously officiated game overall
game had it all: extremely controversial penalties (thanks VAR!), controversial goal allowed, center not being aware he already booked Gordon when he gave him a second yellow.

Game changed when West Ham subbed off Antoino. He was able to hold the ball up and provide some trouble for Newcastle's CBs. No pressure on them after that allowed Newcastle to dominate possession and gave them extra time to find the right pass.

Was shocking refereeing to allow play to restart on West Ham's second goal. Regardless of how serious the injury is, the ref should have checked on Schar before play was allowed to restart.
that is Moyes turtling to preserve the result. No idea why Antonio was taken off and a cdm in Phillips was put in. No focal point up top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad