GWT: EPL - Matchweek 30

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Arsenal should have but Alisson bailed out Liverpool’s absent backline.

And yes. Arsenal is lucky because people miss soccer games. Ignore that arsenal had key players miss big games too. One of the dumbest lines of arguments, but I guess consider the source.
Post your xG numbers. You love those

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
He was basically the only one attacking for Arsenal in the last 30mins. Wouldn't call that MIA. A better pass from Martinelli at the end and he slots it home 3-2.

Edit: He also had a perfect cross to Jesus at the back post in the first half that could have been scored.
Anfield got to him

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Amazing game

Arteta got his subs all wrong.

Ramsdale #1

1 point at Anfield is great. Holy f*** they played great

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Don't even pretend you care about rape victims. You're just praying he's guilty just so you can use another argument about how lucky Arsenal are if they win the league.

You're honestly pathetic.

And keep in mind this motherf***er had no problem with Suarez almost winning the league for his team.
Exactly this. A few posters here think of it as some trump card more than anything. Funny how some of them didn't have the same energy when it was allegations against Ronaldo. Or how some are saying that Greenwood needs a change of setting somewhere on the continent after beating (and raping?) his girlfriend.

I maintain that I'll be first in line to call Partey a scumbag if there's serious evidence that he's guilty of it.

Reactions: phisherman

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Anyway, anyone actually have a replay that works in the US of the Robertson/linesman thing?

Reports seem to go between Robertson grabbing his elbow and the linesman just piling it up away all the way to Robertson lightly touching him to get his attention and the linesman going full on Macho Man on him.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Strange feelings coming out of this game. On one hand it feels like dropped points since we were up 2-0. On the other i would have taken a point pre-game and based on the second half we were fortunate.

Getting a point at Anfield is always nice though.

Reactions: maclean

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Anyway, anyone actually have a replay that works in the US of the Robertson/linesman thing?

Reports seem to go between Robertson grabbing his elbow and the linesman just piling it up away all the way to Robertson lightly touching him to get his attention and the linesman going full on Macho Man on him.

Your description is right, but I have a strong opinion in favor of refs when it comes to players berating or trying to be physically assertive on refs.

I think he was trying to flick robertson off him after Robertson put his arm on him. Not elbow him in the face.

It’s a bad look on both ends.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Your description is right, but I have a strong opinion in favor of refs when it comes to players berating or trying to be physically assertive on refs.

I think he was trying to flick robertson off him after Robertson put his arm on him. Not elbow him in the face.

It’s a bad look on both ends.

I caught it for a bit before it got copyrighted, but then I came back to watch it again and it was gone :laugh:

Yea it’s not a good look on either side. Robertson wasn’t aggressive per se, but it seemed like it was more than a friendly “hey man how you doing” touch on the elbow. That said, the ref also seemed to significantly overreact to it.

Bad from both.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
On one hand I loved Firmino getting the equalizer and on the other hand I knew it meant City has to be the favorite to win the league now, especially if they win the H2H against Arsenal.

Meanwhile Liverpool is still ways off from securing a CL spot. Meh.

Still a great game.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
My main issue with Vieira was he was a defensive coach for a team with a lot of interesting offensive options. Hodgson started 4 offensive players today and they scored 5 times.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How does that change arsenal having injuries? Are you dense or just flailing around without direction?
Everyone has injuries. Liverpool has been significantly more injured than Arsenal this year. You love your xG metrics to talk about who deserved to win, so how about you post them chicken

On one hand I loved Firmino getting the equalizer and on the other hand I knew it meant City has to be the favorite to win the league now, especially if they win the H2H against Arsenal.

Meanwhile Liverpool is still ways off from securing a CL spot. Meh.

Still a great game.
What team do you like? I can never tell

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I caught it for a bit before it got copyrighted, but then I came back to watch it again and it was gone :laugh:

Yea it’s not a good look on either side. Robertson wasn’t aggressive per se, but it seemed like it was more than a friendly “hey man how you doing” touch on the elbow. That said, the ref also seemed to significantly overreact to it.

Bad from both.

We can ignore the sentence at the end, but more background on elbow gate

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
My main issue with Vieira was he was a defensive coach for a team with a lot of interesting offensive options. Hodgson started 4 offensive players today and they scored 5 times.

Not saying that’s wrong, but you also have to factor in the fixture list. Hodgson has a walk in the park compared to what Vieira was up against in the end.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, Liverpool out xG'd Arsenal. Also, Arsenal should have won it at the end when they had a 3 v 1.

You can't say everyone has injuries then use other teams having injuries as a sign that Arsenal has been lucky. Which most people would understand instinctively, but the slower among us take some time to get there.
Sure I can. Arsenal have had quantifiably less injuries.

you love xG when it fits whatever you are spewing. Arsenal 3x1 was pretty easily snuffed out by Alisson so if it makes you feel better to han* out that go right ahead

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

We can ignore the sentence at the end, but more background on elbow gate

The linesman who elbowed Robertson should be banned for a long time if not completely binned. As soon as an official does that their judgment is questionable to a degree that it shouldn't be. That's the main aspect of the job, to have good judgment and when you elbow a player, sorry dude go find another job.

I'm not saying the official was biased (because how would I know), but he's stupid and shouldn't be one.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Sure I can. Arsenal have had quantifiably less injuries.

you love xG when it fits whatever you are spewing. Arsenal 3x1 was pretty easily snuffed out by Alisson so if it makes you feel better to han* out that go right ahead
Okay, but Casemiro being out or Caicedo and Mac Allister being out has nothing to do with that. And quantifiable injuries ignores qualitative factors and context.

I love xG, period. We didn't deserve to win the game today. We still should have won it on the 3 on 1, but a slightly off pass and good coverage by Alisson meant we didn't. I'm not sure why you're so salty today. You're a midtable side that managed to take a point off the league leaders after being down 2-0. I'm surprised Klopp didn't celebrate this draw, too.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Okay, but Casemiro being out or Caicedo and Mac Allister being out has nothing to do with that. And quantifiable injuries ignores qualitative factors and context.

I love xG, period. We didn't deserve to win the game today. We still should have won it on the 3 on 1, but a slightly off pass and good coverage by Alisson meant we didn't. I'm not sure why you're so salty today. You're a midtable side that managed to take a point off the league leaders after being down 2-0. I'm surprised Klopp didn't celebrate this draw, too.
Who is salty? I’ll be salty when they give these points back to Leeds next week. I think LFC had at leas5 three chances resoundingly better than that 3 on 1 that Alisson snuffed out but whatever

The linesman who elbowed Robertson should be banned for a long time if not completely binned. As soon as an official does that their judgment is questionable to a degree that it shouldn't be. That's the main aspect of the job, to have good judgment and when you elbow a player, sorry dude go find another job.

I'm not saying the official was biased (because how would I know), but he's stupid and shouldn't be one.
Howard Webb going to give him a Purple Heart

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Who is salty? I’ll be salty when they give these points back to Leeds next week. I think LFC had at leas5 three chances resoundingly better than that 3 on 1 that Alisson snuffed out but whatever
You're mowing down strawmen left and right!

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Howard Webb going to give him a Purple Heart
I know if I did some shit like that I wouldn't have a job. It is the job to stand there and do nothing while getting screamed at. Almost everyone who does this does it because they love the game and enjoy being around the players regardless of getting yelled at. If you don't enjoy being around the players and want to respond physically you need to quit and do something else.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Spurs deserved zero

While this is still true, do you know who else deserved zero? De Zerbi.

Would I be overreacting to say this was maybe the biggest match in club history......and he made it about himself and some imagined insult before the match even started. They had a real chance to get to Europe for the first time ever and then he gets sent off, which will hurt them even more. He already had 1-1 match suspension for a red earlier this year, he's going to miss at least 1 more now.

I'd be livid if I were the owner

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
While this is still true, do you know who else deserved zero? De Zerbi.

Would I be overreacting to say this was maybe the biggest match in club history......and he made it about himself and some imagined insult before the match even started. They had a real chance to get to Europe for the first time ever and then he gets sent off, which will hurt them even more. He already had 1-1 match suspension for a red earlier this year, he's going to miss at least 1 more now.

I'd be livid if I were the owner
I've watched closely de Zerbi's career both a couple of years as a player for Cluj and a couple of years as a coach for Sassuolo. To say what he did against Spurs was out of character is an understatement. Guys loved playing alonside him, and for him. My only issue with him as a coach is that he tends to not play any defensive midfielders, or always tries to convert offensive midfielders into 6/8, with varying results, but of course this makes his team very exciting for the neutral viewer.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I have a feeling that the PGMOL will punish the linesman but also issue guidance that *any* contact with officials in the future is an instant red card.

Have to imagine an incident like Mitrovic is in officials minds when a guy comes up, unhappy with you, and reaches out to grab your elbow, especially when it’s the same guy who was already warned that game about aggressively yelling at you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad