GWT: EPL - Matchweek 28 (ft. MW 17)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
🤣

The lack of self awareness never fails.
What lack of self awareness? We had to hear all week about the drop ball incident. We had to hear about Diogo Jota diving for a week when that happened. Not a peep on this. The former literally happened this week

He was the main reason why the game was even close.
Because he wasn’t sent off

• Haha
Reactions: bluesfan94

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
What lack of self awareness? We had to hear all week about the drop ball incident. We had to hear about Diogo Jota diving for a week when that happened. Not a peep on this. The former literally happened this week

Because he wasn’t sent off
<Robert De Niro Analyze This> gif

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
🤣

The lack of self awareness never fails.
Liverpool fans always have to be the aggrieved party. They’ve been coddled by the refs and media for years but don’t recognize it. Even now, they see havertz doing the Liverpool special in the box and whereas Jota/Mane/Salah/etc. would be awarded a penalty, they’re upset.

On this board, especially, arsenal lives rent free in Liverpool fans’ heads. It’d be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Liverpool fans always have to be the aggrieved party. They’ve been coddled by the refs and media for years but don’t recognize it. Even now, they see havertz doing the Liverpool special in the box and whereas Jota/Mane/Salah/etc. would be awarded a penalty, they’re upset.

On this board, especially, arsenal lives rent free in Liverpool fans’ heads. It’d be funny if it wasn’t so sad.
My honest take, every supporter on here always feel aggrieved by referee. Many in here always feel that they lost or they are victim or poor refering decisions in every game.

On the Havertz PK shout, weird take.
Salah and Jota for instance have been labelled divers for many years and many time they were fouled and nothing was ever called even when there was clear contact. Reputation on some players does have an impact on PK decision by refs (rightfully or wrongfully).

Havertz is getting a similar reputation, he has that tendency to look for contact in the box I would say Haaland, Sterling and Nunez also have that tendency. It is obvious and the referees have clearly taken notice from what I have seen. I am also surprised Havertz did not get a yellow card today but he won't get the benefits of the doubt if this continue to happen.

As for the Arsenal vs Liverpool, it's a weird one. There are many Arsenal supporters in here who are great but a huge bunch that are quite reactionary and enjoy confrotation and victimisation. BTW same apply for some LFC supporter here, which I also hate btw. I do enjoy watching Arsenal play, they do play the best football this year but their fanbase is a bit similar to Arteta, they are very emotional about every decision going the other way. Enjoy the ride, it is clearly a peak period for Arsenal football.

Funny enough on this board I find that Manchester United supporters and Chelsea supporters have been the most enjoyable and level headed this year. Maybe their team results have an effect on their humbleness but overall I respect their neutral view when they comment on games.

As for the many Liverpool supporter on here there seem to be a bit of delusion among them regarding the actual play of LFC and the results. It is quite an achievement what Klopp has managed to do the past few months compared to last year but it's pretty clear their play does not warrant that much praise, they have been very clutch and opportunistic in many games. Overall their standing is more favorable than their actual play would suggest.

As for Man City supporter, do they even exist? :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: bluesfan94

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
My honest take, every supporter on here always feel aggrieved by referee. Many in here always feel that they lost or they are victim or poor refering decisions in every game.

On the Havertz PK shout, weird take.
Salah and Jota for instance have been labelled divers for many years and many time they were fouled and nothing was ever called even when there was clear contact. Reputation on some players does have an impact on PK decision by refs (rightfully or wrongfully).

Havertz is getting a similar reputation, he has that tendency to look for contact in the box I would say Haaland, Sterling and Nunez also have that tendency. It is obvious and the referees have clearly taken notice from what I have seen. I am also surprised Havertz did not get a yellow card today but he won't get the benefits of the doubt if this continue to happen.

As for the Arsenal vs Liverpool, it's a weird one. There are many Arsenal supporters in here who are great but a huge bunch that are quite reactionary and enjoy confrotation and victimisation. BTW same apply for some LFC supporter here, which I also hate btw. I do enjoy watching Arsenal play, they do play the best football this year but their fanbase is a bit similar to Arteta, they are very emotional about every decision going the other way. Enjoy the ride, it is clearly a peak period for Arsenal football.

Funny enough on this board I find that Manchester United supporters and Chelsea supporters have been the most enjoyable and level headed this year. Maybe their team results have an effect on their humbleness but overall I respect their neutral view when they comment on games.

As for the many Liverpool supporter on here there seem to be a bit of delusion among them regarding the actual play of LFC and the results. It is quite an achievement what Klopp has managed to do the past few months compared to last year but it's pretty clear their play does not warrant that much praise, they have been very clutch and opportunistic in many games. Overall their standing is more favorable than their actual play would suggest.

As for Man City supporter, do they even exist? :sarcasm:

I'm a City fan.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
You are? We should make a roll call. I know there are a bunch but they are not posting often.

I'm just f***ing around because that'd be the ultimate trophy-chaser fan move.

I don't have a favorite EPL team but I do like to poke fun because of the whining you perfectly described.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

The numbers do not back up that LFC have been coddled by the refs. Any of the top teams get relatively flowery coverage compared to other parts of the table, but again just gave two very specific, very recent examples of the contrary. There was an uproar on the incidents I’ve named. There was nothing of the sort today, on an objectively worse scenario. You want to say for example it’s a Salah special, but again the numbers simply do not back that up. Salah gets least calls compared to anyone in the league; especially that has the ball in the box as much as he does.

There’s also nothing that says anything like “rent free” than having to keep shouting out that you think there is some “rent free” presence. Just talking about the biggest incident of the Matchweek in the threat about the current Matchweek. We can talk about how United gave up 20 shots again too if you’d like. But again, all I am doing is trying to compare obviously similar incidents. The Arsenal fans are the only ones on here who are just consistently incapable of looking in the mirror and acknowledging the favoritism/stating that things have favorably gone their way. That’s the difference

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Just talking about the biggest incident of the Matchweek in the threat about the current Matchweek.
As I've learned, you actually aren't allowed to post about games in the thread about the game unless your team is playing in that game.

I do love that the guy known for posting about ref conspiracies is the one saying that other fans are the ones that can't look in the mirror. Stunning lack of self awareness.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As I've learned, you actually aren't allowed to post about games in the thread about the game unless your team is playing in that game.

I do love that the guy known for posting about ref conspiracies is the one saying that other fans are the ones that can't look in the mirror. Stunning lack of self awareness.
I mean you are demonstrably not looking in the mirror with every reply.

What conspiracy is being pushed here:

- Was the media reaction why Diogo Jota dived against Newcastle different than this?

- Was the respond to the ref in this game different than the response to Tierney last week?

Where are the conspiracies here? Where’s Alan Shearer and Mark Clatterbergs reactions and pearl clutching here? These things happened when one team was at the center, and didn’t happen when another team was involved; and again I think objectively today the errors were significantly more impactful than the opposite side

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is the sound of not being able to contribute anything useful. Bring some examples to back up what you are saying or relax. Enjoy your win; you can enjoy a win and admit you got away with one. It’s okay.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Putting officiating aside, the very idea that Arsenal are media darlings is absolutely hilarious.

From the 'bottle'd' narrative, to 'get down the tunnel', to former United players opening rooting for City last year or one recently saying Arteta would leave to go there in a heartbeat. The list goes on.

It's pretty clear the media has 2 favorite teams. They both wear red and neither are from London. Just look at who they hire.

Reactions: KJS14

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Putting officiating aside, the very idea that Arsenal are media darlings is absolutely hilarious.

From the 'bottle'd' narrative, to 'get down the tunnel', to former United players opening rooting for City last year or one recently saying Arteta would leave to go there in a heartbeat. The list goes on.

It's pretty clear the media has 2 favorite teams. They both wear red and neither are from London. Just look at who they hire.
Arteta gets attacked by the media for showing passion on the sidelines, which is the same thing that gets Klopp flowers. Of course, Klopp plays into this because winning titles at Liverpool "just means more."

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

To be clear I said if you're always trolling threads after one of your rivals wins, that behavior clearly denotes that you're obsessed. I don't give a shit about this game which is why this is the first comment I made about it. And if you're doing it every week on week days you really should get a life. Now you can make of other people's behavior whatever you want but by that definition if someone else is doing it, then that applies to them too.

Reactions: Evilo

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Arteta gets attacked by the media for showing passion on the sidelines, which is the same thing that gets Klopp flowers. Of course, Klopp plays into this because winning titles at Liverpool "just means more."
Please don't put Carragher stupid comment as all the media. He is a complete moron for his comment about Arteta. BTW Klopp backed Arteta for his celebration if you want to know. As for winning title means more this is TAA expressing his opinion, which is obviously very biased to the team he grew up supporting and now play for, I mean if Saka said that about Arsenal, I don't think you would made a lot of fuss about it. So now all the small stupid tidbit from some media commentator are picked up as if this is the narrative across all England...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
TBH he doesn’t look that different. He still kills a ton of attacks and misses a ton of chances, he’s just surrounded by a way better attacking system in Arsenal.

Weird how no EPL team seems to know how to use Kai, even when he’s their 2nd leading scorer. Can’t help but wonder just how badly he’d dominate the EPL if he ever got to play for someone as good as Flick and y’all got to see NT-Havertz.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Digne over Moreno, Konsa Lenglet & Torres all start which is interesting. Cash further up which i don't particularly like

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad