GWT: EPL - Matchweek 24 (ft. MW 12)

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
He's put the guy on an oxygen mask. Only in the Premier League that's not a red card. Worst refs in football.
The injury doesn't dictate whether it should be yellow or red though. Otherwise you could argue that a reckless two-footed tackle with studs to the shin that doesn't result in any injury should just be a yellow.

It's a borderline call, but it wasn't malicious or intentional from the player.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Late subs
concede a 2nd goal

Moyes is finished
Who would even take the job at this point? They f***ed it completely by not replacing him at the WC. And then the like five weeks after, obviously.

Moyes is so reactive it’s mind-boggling. Just sits there, refuses to press, and then waits ten minutes to sub anyone on while chasing the game.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I hope Lucas can score 1 more at home before he goes back to Brazil next year

Other than crosses and an occassional corner, Perisic has been poor all year

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
The injury doesn't dictate whether it should be yellow or red though. Otherwise you could argue that a reckless two-footed tackle with studs to the shin that doesn't result in any injury should just be a yellow.

It's a borderline call, but it wasn't malicious or intentional from the player.
Reckless challenges like that one always get a red in serious leagues.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No, seriously, everyone stop. Mark my words, that Villa/Arsenal match decades from now will go down as an EPL classic. What an insane match and I am saying this more as a football fan inside of me instead of the Arse fan. As a Gooner, there was not to like about that including Saliba getting bullied for two of the last three matches. But as a fan of the sport, that was as epic as the el classicos in La Liga between 2008-2015 (which is pretty much peak football for me). Chances at both end, open counterattacking play, great saves, fights, drama, passion, heartbreak, and emotion. Wouldn't expect nothing less than from two Spaniards gaffers.

Zinchenko is a tank, they should ship him back to Ukraine instead of Abrams and he would win the war on his own. For the analytic blokes here, you lot should cheque out his heat map, it's legitimately insane for this match. I was screaming when that Jorginho goal went in, could be the biggest goal for modern day Arsenal. He's making me eat a huge crow, sure, he isn't replacing Partey, but he's been very good.

Reactions: JPBolts

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
the issue is always the subjectivity of refereeing. what's a foul in one game isn't in another. almost every player goes down softly in hopes of getting a call.

you probably watch more arsenal than I do, but whenever I watch them it looks like Saka is always going down at the softest bit of contact. Which is exactly what I saw with Grealish at Villa.

I won't claim to be objective, but what I see is Saka actually staying up a heck of a lot despite being manhandled. Can't say he never goes down but it feels to me like he tries a lot more than a lot of attackers

Reactions: JPBolts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad