GWT: EPL - Matchweek 24 (ft. MW 12)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Garnacho doesn’t have the same impact when he starts. Barely saw the ball that half. Well from what I watched.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah he was quiet but United haven't been great. Leicester could have scored 2 before Rashford scored. de Gea playing well.
I think he can’t take advantage of tired defenders as much. Which is a concern that that’s the only way to have an impact…

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Son on the bench and they go with Skipp and not Sarr. I am glad to see Richarlison get a start, but would have preferred Sarr....and...Davies? Eh?

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
I think he can’t take advantage of tired defenders as much. Which is a concern that that’s the only way to have an impact…
He's still an 18 year old kid playing against men in his first full season in the first team.

United were much better second half. ten Hag's changes at HT worked perfectly. Could have scored 5 or 6 in the end.

Reactions: Jussi

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

u2s88eo9d7ja1.jpg

This probably should have been a red.

Reactions: luiginb

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Very unfortunate, but he had his back turned to Azpi before going up for the overhead kick, so a red would be harsh. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
It was reckless and caused an injury, so a red would have been fair. I get that it wasn't malicious but what is he doing attempting a bicycle kick in the crowded box off a corner?

Reactions: luiginb

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
It was reckless and caused an injury, so a red would have been fair. I get that it wasn't malicious but what is he doing attempting a bicycle kick in the crowded box off a corner?
I don't disagree with your points. Just think a red is harsh given that he had his back turned to him beforehand and he was making an attempt to score.

I can't think of a great comparable, but Mane's red card against City a few years ago for instance had him facing Ederson to compete for the ball. And he caught Ederson in the face with his studs rather than the top of his boot.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I don't disagree with your points. Just think a red is harsh given that he had his back turned to him beforehand and he was making an attempt to score.

I can't think of a great comparable, but Mane's red card against City a few years ago for instance had him facing Ederson to compete for the ball. And he caught Ederson in the face with his studs rather than the top of his boot.
He's put the guy on an oxygen mask. Only in the Premier League that's not a red card. Worst refs in football.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad