GWT: EPL - Matchweek 22

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Why watch the games when you can find stats to compare irrelevant things together to fit a narrative?
Right, the rest of us don't watch any of the games. Really wish we could all take a break from scouring the internet for stats and just watch a game now and then.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Also, it is a matter of time before Gervinho 2.0 slaps the hell out of Maupay. The bloke is a thug, if this was pre-changed Xhaka, Granit would've probably gotten a red card for doing something physical against him.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
people aren’t going to remember this as Arsenal winning a competitive league. People will remember the World Cup break and people will remember Thomas Partey should have been in jail. That’s the stories of the season.

listen, i dont particularly care, but this is false, five ten years down the line, whoever has the win will have a number in the column, nobody's going to be talking about partey or the WC break. IF arsenal win, that memory will be influenced primarily by whether they manage to stay relevant. if they drop off a cliff again, then it will be viewed as a bit of a fluke, sure

Reactions: S E P H

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Man City will get it done in the end, all of this is just to give Sky Sports something to talk about for the next 3 months.

I think Arsenal will drop more points in the second half than they did in the first but at the same time, there's some f***ery afoot in the Man City squad because the lineup choices are bizarre. Something's up behind the scenes who knows.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
City dropping points is nice, but man if Arsenal had come away with something on Saturday it would make this next stretch feel a lot better.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Based on his breif cameo there is a lot of talent here. Excited to see what the future holds.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There have been transition periods in the EPL, that's a given, but the main argument is that the transition period was when LC won the title and the years or so before and after this. Could this year be weak? Perhaps, I personally do not think so, however, there have been worse years than this one if you truly believe this year has been a transition year. My thoughts are that La Liga has been one of the leagues going through a transition year with the fall of Barca in Europe and all the other teams are sort of going through a generational cycle for Spanish players. Real was able to overcome this by hiring a good yet overrated manager, but still spending loads of money for youth before Covid struck. That meant they were able to keep the majority of their future core on low wages when they had to sell Ramos and Varane afterwards to balance the budget while Barca was hit by very high wages on ageing players. Spanish clubs haven't been doing well in Europe in the last couple of years as well (one finals appearance in the last four seasons).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad