GWT: EPL - Matchweek 22

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
We're two weeks away as next weekend is a cup weekend, but I'm avoiding work like a pro and putting this together. The MW starts on Friday with a West London Derby, as Chelsea hosts surprising upstarts Fulham, who may be sitting in 5th by this point. Man United gets a quick rematch against Crystal Palace, who broke their winning streak. However, the game of the matchweek may be Tottenham hosting Man City, also a quick rematch.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CST)Venue
ChelseaFulhamFri., Feb. 3, 2:00 PMStamford Bridge
EvertonArsenalSat., Feb. 4, 6:30 AMGoodison Park
Brighton & Hove AlbionBournemouthSat., Feb. 4, 9:00 AMAmex Stadium
Manchester UnitedCrystal PalaceSat., Feb. 4, 9:00 AMOld Trafford
BrentfordSouthamptonSat., Feb. 4, 9:00 AMGtech Community Stadium
Wolverhampton WanderersLiverpoolSat., Feb. 4, 9:00 AMMolineux Stadium
Aston VillaLeicester CitySat., Feb. 4, 9:00 AMVilla Park
Newcastle UnitedWest Ham UnitedSat., Feb. 4, 11:30 AMSt. James' Park
Nottingham ForestLeeds UnitedSun., Feb. 5, 8:00 AMCity Ground
Tottenham HotspurManchester CitySun., Feb. 5, 10:30 AMTottenham Hotspur Stadium

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would be extremely funny if, after not having beat us for a billion years, Fulham did the double on us this season.
This applies to you lot too probably but I was looking at the top half of the table. How many of those teams do you think Chelsea is OUTRIGHT better than this season?

From my perspective I was only able to come up with “maybe Fulham” for LFC. Maybe we are in the accurate part of the table right now

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
This applies to you lot too probably but I was looking at the top half of the table. How many of those teams do you think Chelsea is OUTRIGHT better than this season?

From my perspective I was only able to come up with “maybe Fulham” for LFC. Maybe we are in the accurate part of the table right now
This season? Brentford and Fulham - they're ahead because they've gone on a run as we've gotten cold. But we are in the part of the table we should be, there is no doubt.

FWIW, Fulham are overdue to come back down to earth - they're riding good finishing and extraordinary goaltending.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This season? Brentford and Fulham - they're ahead because they've gone on a run as we've gotten cold. But we are in the part of the table we should be, there is no doubt.
Yeah I mean I agree here, table is pretty accurate except I think Brighton is comfortably better than Tottenham. I wouldn’t take LFC over Brentford. I probably still think LFC better than Fulham. LFC might still beat Tottenham again. Chelsea…we both saw the mess over the weekend, and I think we will just continue to draw each other until eternity at this stage. But yeah I feel like 6th or 7th is best case scenario for either of us unless a bunch of teams crater. But as I said before the calendar turned, Chelsea would make a better effort than LFC to stay in top 4 and that was clearly the case.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
How many of those teams do you think Chelsea is OUTRIGHT better than this season?
The problem is that it's hard to separate talent from coaching and then all of that from injuries. At full strength, Chelsea/Liverpool are clearly better than Fulham, Brighton, and Brentford. I would argue they're better than Spurs and Newcastle, too.

The problem is that not everyone is fit, and there've been coaching changes for Chelsea. Although the latter applies to Brighton.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The problem is that it's hard to separate talent from coaching and then all of that from injuries. At full strength, Chelsea/Liverpool are clearly better than Fulham, Brighton, and Brentford. I would argue they're better than Spurs and Newcastle, too.

The problem is that not everyone is fit, and there've been coaching changes for Chelsea. Although the latter applies to Brighton.
On paper, yes

On the pitch, no

LFC and Chelsea problems go beyond fitness, especially LFC’s. Healthy LFC still can’t run. LFC’s problem is that they are small and immobile in the midfield. That’s why Brentford and Brighton easily dispatched them. Both teams were way too athletic for LFC. The injuries are a big problem for LFC, but their biggest problem is the athleticism gap. I’m not taking LFC head to head again either of those teams right now, healthy or not.

Newcastle was the much better team at Anfield, but that was before they believed in themselves as much. If Newcastle stopped trying to kill clock they would have won that game; and since then they have gone up and LFC has gone down.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Enzo starts, Mudryk starts, AND James is back? I'm weeping in joy at the office.

EDIT: AND CHILWELL IS ON THE BENCH???? omg I'm so happy right now

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
lol Chelsea starting Hakim to make it up to him
I think it is the right move. And I think having Reece overlapping and Mudryk making runs for him to switch play to will help him a lot

(I still think he’s ass)

Reactions: Power Man

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Mason needs to start existing now.

We have 4 cm’s injured, so it’s not ideal having Gallagher and Mount as the 8s..

Not sure Enzo will hit the ground running with those guys around him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad