GWT: EPL - Matchweek 21

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
It's been quite the week for Walker, finds out mistress is pregnant, wife kicks him out, injures Ederson and is absolutely useless on both Newcastle goals.

• Haha
Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Can they not be both having brilliant seasons, lmao

I'd say they've been of a similar level
Sure. But no one is putting Gordon in Midseason TOTS either. Hell Tim Howard said Cole Palmer as his player of the season. No one talking about Gordon in that manner

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Sure. But no one is putting Gordon in Midseason TOTS either. Hell Tim Howard said Cole Palmer as his player of the season. No one talking about Gordon in that manner
Palmer and Gordon don't even play the same position.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Is Bernardo gonna get a second yellow for whining about his booking? No? Okay so we keep living an inconsistent life

(I think the dissent yellows have gotten out of hand and have been over the top, FWIW)

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Palmer and Gordon don't even play the same position.
I don't think this is really relevant. Especially considering Palmer would be playing in Gordon's position for Newcastle and vice versa. But we are looking at two English mids who might be fighting over one spot for the team at the Euros. Gordon similar output with more open play goals and on a better team. And does not to have anywhere near the hype around him that Palmer does. Doesn't mean Palmer is bad/worse/etc. but everyone talking about Palmer and no one talking about Gordon. Maybe Gordon needs a lousy nickname too?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is Bernardo gonna get a second yellow for whining about his booking? No? Okay so we keep living an inconsistent life

(I think the dissent yellows have gotten out of hand and have been over the top, FWIW)
The dissent yellows are atrocious but by not giving worthy ones all that is happening is trying to close a Pandora's Box that they opened themselves. Webb said crackdown and it has not happened; and when it has its been ridiculous (like Dalot vs LFC) instead of actual stuff like this, Odegaard, etc.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I don't think this is really relevant. Especially considering Palmer would be playing in Gordon's position for Newcastle and vice versa. But we are looking at two English mids who might be fighting over one spot for the team at the Euros. Gordon similar output with more open play goals and on a better team. And does not to have anywhere near the hype around him that Palmer does. Doesn't mean Palmer is bad/worse/etc. but everyone talking about Palmer and no one talking about Gordon. Maybe Gordon needs a lousy nickname too?
He would have the hype had he not developed a reputation for whining while at Everton, I think. It really soured a lot of people on him.

With regards to fighting for a spot in the team, I think Palmer has the inside track because of the U21 captaincy - Gordon won the Golden Ball at that tournament (rather inexplicably, to most observers), but I think Palmer is thought of more highly within the setup.

City are missing Haaland badly. They keep getting to the touchline for cutbacks and then no one is in the six yard box so they have to double back

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He would have the hype had he not developed a reputation for whining while at Everton, I think. It really soured a lot of people on him.

With regards to fighting for a spot in the team, I think Palmer has the inside track because of the U21 captaincy - Gordon won the Golden Ball at that tournament (rather inexplicably, to most observers), but I think Palmer is thought of more highly within the setup.
I think its more that Palmer plays for a London club honestly.

Do agree with second paragraph though. Everyone though Curtis Jones should have won Golden Ball that I saw; but yeah Palmer probably has a leg up on Gordon. Would try to take both but who knows how ambitious Southgate is going to be. My "squad" would probably look a lot different to the one he is going to take

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well. If Tim Howard said it...
Tim Howard is terrible, no one is saying he was a anything other than a contrarian pick (except maybe Howard himself) but yes - there is more media hype for Palmer than Gordon

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Well. If Tim Howard said it...
1092056.jpg

Rodri and Kovacic should both get yellows for clownery there, based on how they've been giving them

Reactions: Savant

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1