GWT: EPL - Matchweek 2

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rickie Lambert, Kyrgiakos, Pellegrino
None of these players were bought as stopgaps and you had to go back almost a decade to 2014, pre-Klopp, to name the most recent

This match should be a reality check. You can’t replace Mane and Origi with just one guy.
I think you also need to include Minamino in that. Of course, Diaz is part of the replacement brigade as well.
They 100% are counting Diaz as part of this.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
None of these players were bought as stopgaps and you had to go back almost a decade to 2014, pre-Klopp, to name the most recent
I think it's worse if Lambert was brought in to be a real player for one season at the age of 32.

And yes, I have to go back because it is very rare that a team is in the summer window with 11+ players injured.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I will not be having any Luis Diaz slander

I think it's worse if Lambert was brought in to be a real player for one season at the age of 32.

And yes, I have to go back because it is very rare that a team is in the summer window with 11+ players injured.
Lambert was bought to be backup/change the game option as part of the plan to replace Luis Suarez in the aggregate. Lambert was coming off a double digit scoring system where he was getting England caps. He lasted one season because he was a bust.

Looks like Palace is trying to hold on to the single point.
There is a special circle in hell for parking the bus when you are up a man.

Reactions: Rob

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think you also need to include Minamino in that. Of course, Diaz is part of the replacement brigade as well.
Carvalho replaces him I’d say but I don’t consider Diaz a replacement. We bought him because our squad needed more quality, I don’t like retroactively saying he was replacing someone.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Carvalho replaces him I’d say but I don’t consider Diaz a replacement. We bought him because our squad needed more quality, I don’t like retroactively saying he was replacing someone.
That's exactly what happened, though. West Ham seemed like they were close with Diaz, so rather than wait until the summer, Liverpool just bought him in the winter.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He was a forward looking replacement, to me, and I think it was said at the time that he was bought with a look toward the eventual departure of Firmino/Salah/Mane.
This is also slightly short sighted. I’m sorry, but Jota and Firmino (hell even Ox) fit and it isn’t a discussion.

There’s enough player there to make up, it’s just not fit right now
I know Ox was a parenthetical, but to rely on him would be foolish.
Shit? He is by far the best player on the pitch...
Now. He wasn't until he scored and then he turned it on.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That's exactly what happened, though. West Ham seemed like they were close with Diaz, so rather than wait until the summer, Liverpool just bought him in the winter.
FSG 100% considers Diaz as a replacement that came in early

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The difference between a Tyler/Beglin booth and a Drury booth is so different

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad