GWT: EPL - Matchweek 19

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Amrabat and Shaw out with illness, the bug that's going through the team currently. Edit: "minor issues" according to ETH.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
No idea what Onana was doing there. As a keeper you either need to come for the ball or make sure you make the save on the initial cross. He did neither. Just casually stood in the middle of his goal I guess hoping that an attacker would get to the ball and shoot it straight at him.

Reactions: Rob

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
A couple of notes:

Luton has so far this season three more goals than the great Man United

This can easily become a blowout, Evans himself stopped about 2 or 3 dangerous plays.

Rashford seems frustrated af

I'm the first to shit on Onana but he wasn't at fault on that first goal, that was a venomous cross by McGinn, who used to be a Scottish Gattuso but is becoming a Scottish Pirlo.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
A couple of notes:

Luton has so far this season three more goals than the great Man United

This can easily become a blowout, Evans himself stopped about 2 or 3 dangerous plays.

Rashford seems frustrated af

I'm the first to shit on Onana but he wasn't at fault on that first goal, that was a venomous cross by McGinn, who used to be a Scottish Gattuso but is becoming a Scottish Pirlo.
He might not have been at "fault" but he was still total trash. He basically took himself out of the play by just standing still. You either have to high point the ball to prevent a touch, or you have to just hope your defense prevents a touch and you move to prevent the ball going in on the initial cross.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He might not have been at "fault" but he was still total trash. He basically took himself out of the play by just standing still. You either have to high point the ball to prevent a touch, or you have to just hope your defense prevents a touch and you move to prevent the ball going in on the initial cross.
You know who let in goals from those type of crosses too? De Gea. I saw a compilation video of his errors from his last few seasons and there were a couple of those there.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Those are very difficult crosses to play by goalkeepers. Onana is booed at every touch now, but he's entertaining at least

1703623616416.png

Reactions: JPBolts

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
United has been trash at staying onside tonight, but also I swear Villa must drill the offside trap for 3 hours every day. They're so good at keeping a line, even when play gets recycled and they have to quickly adjust.
They are by far the best team in the league at the offside trap. It helps a lot when your squad has mostly stayed healthy and you can play the same players every week.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Terrible defending on two set pieces. United got into some decent positions but the quality in the final third isn't good enough.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
United has been trash at staying onside tonight, but also I swear Villa must drill the offside trap for 3 hours every day. They're so good at keeping a line, even when play gets recycled and they have to quickly adjust.
Emery will meticulously do training sessions and video sessions with the squad, so this is where they get the prep for it. We are by far the best team in the league at doing it. there's another picture I will have to find that shows it as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad