GWT: EPL - Matchweek 19

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Eddie Howe updating his LinkedIn as we speak

Much as I care absolutely zero about Howe's fate, he did have them way ahead of schedule and I feel like it would be a bit comical for them to jettison him now when they're still doing relatively well, just with much stiffer competition, but if they wanna go the trigger-happy chelsea route, by all means

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Much as I care absolutely zero about Howe's fate, he did have them way ahead of schedule and I feel like it would be a bit comical for them to jettison him now when they're still doing relatively well, just with much stiffer competition, but if they wanna go the trigger-happy chelsea route, by all means
Also they've got an insane injury list right now.

Reactions: maclean

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

If you’re going to go work for a country, I’m sorry,a company that will pay you incredibly well, but fire you at the drop of a hat because of unfair expectations, I think you know what you’re getting yourself into.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If you’re going to go work for a country, I’m sorry,a company that will pay you incredibly well, but fire you at the drop of a hat because of unfair expectations, I think you know what you’re getting yourself into.

ok??

I'm just saying considering all the circumstances it would probably be silly of them :dunno: but it's not like I care one way or the other

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC Notes:
Diogo Jota back on the bench.
Luis Diaz on bench (avoided injury vs Arsenal)
Darwin and Endo in Yellow Card jeopardy.
Joe Gomez LB; LFC have no one else healthy to play in that position.

Darwin Nunez (finally) scores to make it 0-1

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Liverpool have a lead in the Premier League

giphy.gif

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool have a lead in the Premier League
Should really be like 0-3 by now too. This is the first that I have watched of Burnley this season and I am...um....not impressed. Not that we look great going backwards either. This is probably LFC's best front three when Diogo isn't fit. Diogo might get some minutes today, but they might be saving him from Newcastle. Hope they haven't rushed him back like they did last year, but injuries hitting pretty hard right now (like most teams) and LFC pretty depleted

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Did not think that was a foul but with Tierney/Hooper, not shocked. Okay with them sticking with the call on the field I guess, but really do not agree with it. Bad call (in my opinion) but guess they didn't want to re-referee; whatever that even means? Burnley player clearly didn't even think it was a foul

And Salah hits the bar. Still 0-1, looking dangerously close to hitting a "one of them" Bingo

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yes, that was never a foul by Nunez on Gakpo's goal. Guarenteed if this same situation happened against LFC on a Burnley goal most people would lose their shit.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: al secord

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yes, that was never a foul by Nunez on Gakpo goal. Guarenteed if this same situation happened against LFC on a Burnley goal most people would lose their shit.
Its always Paul Tierney. I would say that if that happened to anyone else's team they'd be furious. Its a ridiculous call.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Didn’t see the first half but saw the replay at halftime. Yea it’s a bad call and I think it’s the type where VAR should get involved.

I totally understand not wanting to re-ref the game, but that’s a clear mistake to me.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That's another one of those where they'll just call it or not call it depending on how they feel that day,

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That's another one of those where they'll just call it or not call it depending on how they feel that day,
honestly think it’s another ridiculous disallow. Salah was pushed offsides, had no effect on the end result and where else was he supposed to go. I don’t understand the call.

• Haha
Reactions: bluesfan94

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
honestly think it’s another ridiculous disallow. Salah was pushed offsides, had no effect on the end result and where else was he supposed to go. I don’t understand the call.
I would been fine with that ruling if I didn't see goals like it that weren't even checked. It's something they sporadically care about like always.

• Haha

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would been fine with that ruling if I didn't see goals like it that weren't even checked. It's something they sporadically care about like always.
For sure. And you can tell me rule of law for that and blah blah blah, but yall can’t tell me nothing about the first one that was ruled out

• Haha

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Finally, this game should have been in the book 30 minutes ago. What will they find to disallow that goal now?

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
It was back and forth open match for the last minutes, and Diego Jota secures the win scoring from a tight angle in one of Pool's counter attacks.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I like Endo warrior attitude but he is slow and has the tendency to make bad decisions that could lead to goal which is worrying me a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad