GWT: EPL - Matchweek 16

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean, that’s the right call.

Probably a fair scoreline at the moment too.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
second yellows need to be more consistent. That's clearly the right call but I've seen like 4 others in the last weeks that haven't been a second yellow

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Similar to Jota's red against Tottenham. Most of the times a second yellow is not given, but looking at the situation itself you can't complain that it is a yellow. The inconsistency sucks

Reactions: JPBolts

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wonder how much stoppage time added for Palace keeper’s injury

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Ayew, was just stupid, he knew he already got a yellow and still fouled to prevent a counter attack. Nothing revolutionary there.

Reactions: JPBolts

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You mean a stupid and obvious yellow
I really don’t. Even the first one, that schoolyard “kick it against the guy” move a majority of the time doesn’t earn a card.

And the second, as a second yellow it’s a pathetic gift. Nothing in it for Liverpool until the sending off, now I’m sure Klopp with keep his whining to the bare minimum.

Let’s all imagine the tirade if that sequence of plays went against Klopp.

Reactions: Pink Mist

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Palace back up keeper debut? He’s saving a PK in like five minutes

I really don’t. Even the first one, that schoolyard “kick it against the guy” a majority of the time doesn’t earn a card.

And the second, as a second yellow it’s a pathetic gift. Nothing in it for Liverpool until the sending off, now I’m sure Klopp with keep his whining to the bare minimum.

Let’s all imagine the tirade if that sequence of plays went against Klopp.
Coutinho racked up yellow cards for the “first one” so I have zero sympathy there

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It's a soft second yellow in the sense that it's only given as a yellow maybe 75% of the time and less often as a second yellow, but it's also the type of foul that *should* result in a yellow basically every time due to the tactical nature of it.

The first is also inconsistently given, but hard to argue since they've claimed it as a point of emphasis this year and it was obvious that Ayew stopped in front of VVD to stop it from being taken quickly.

So yea, he can probably feel a bit hard done by to get two yellows when in some games he wouldn't even get one, but also he's an absolute idiot for putting himself in that position.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If those yellows went against Liverpool we'd be hearing it from some of the posters in this thread for weeks on end
Not those. Those were both the right calls. I only complain about the wrong calls

That’s some good mental gymnastics to make up a scenario and bash Klopp for it when it didn’t even happen.

Go cry about it
Dude, all game Ian Darke has been talking shit. It’s wild

• Haha
Reactions: Pink Mist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad