GWT: EPL - Matchweek 16

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This has turned into my most favourite modern Arsenal goal for me. Just how crazy it was, Jorginho, and how important it was at that point in the season.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Klopp has been getting on nerves on a lot of pundit in England. They always focus on whatever he says. I swear if Arteta said the samething you would not hear a word of it in the media or you.
Klopp is a better quote plus he has been around since 2015. He's likely lost some of that patience he once had with the Liverpool media.

Reactions: maclean

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Klopp is a better quote plus he has been around since 2015. He's likely lost some of that patience he once had with the Liverpool media.
He is loved by the supporters and I will be real, I don't care what the media or manager say in the media. I care more about the results on the pitch and so far he has been doing well.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah, tbf I think no one actually takes Arteta that seriously yet. Perhaps starting recently. He also tends to dial back and defer more, in a Guardiola style, whereas Klopp doubles down and seems to ooze that certain kind of moral outrage only a German can summon.

I'm unfortunately on tour this weekend and will end up missing the game. What I wouldn't give to not be playing prime time on Saturday :D

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
When is their next?

I just glanced through the schedule and don't see anything.
I mean, they haven’t done the tv schedule for 2024 yet, they might have done January but thats it. So I would say it’s very unlikely that they dodge it the rest of the season with over 20 games left. Maybe they get stuck with it after the international break in March since it’s apparently too funny not to. But yeah, I’d be shocked if they don’t get at least one more before the season is over

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He is loved by the supporters and I will be real, I don't care what the media or manager say in the media. I care more about the results on the pitch and so far he has been doing well.
Oh he is definitely a popular man amongst the supporters. I was more speaking to Klopp's outward negative vibe when in front of the media.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
This is the exact type of thing VAR has repeatedly said they shouldn’t be intervening in.

The referee had a very clear view of it live and decided no foul.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is the exact type of thing VAR has repeatedly said they shouldn’t be intervening in.

The referee had a very clear view of it live and decided no foul.
It’s a clear foul though, so the right conclusion was made.

Would have 100% been a penalty but clear and obvious foul in buildup.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It was a foul, Hughes never touched the ball and had his arm around Endo. What is the issue?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It’s a clear foul though, so the right conclusion was made.
It’s the same situation as Arsenal vs United before. It’s not about if you’d say it’s a foul it’s about if a referee with a perfect view of it live calling it not a foul is a clear and obvious error.

Simply put, if the referee has a clear view of it live and it takes more than three and a half minutes of staring at replays for them to conclude it’s a foul, it’s not a clear and obvious error.

Guarantee that the independent commission will say this was an incorrect VAR intervention and there’s a good chance the VAR gets stood down for a week.

Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s the same situation as Arsenal vs United before. It’s not about if you’d say it’s a foul it’s about if a referee with a perfect view of it live calling it not a foul is a clear and obvious error.

Simply put, if the referee has a clear view of it live and it takes more than three and a half minutes of staring at replays for them to conclude it’s a foul, it’s not a clear and obvious error.

Guarantee that the independent commission will say this was an incorrect VAR intervention and there’s a good chance the VAR gets stood down for a week.
I mean, I would say the ref needing three minutes (and missing it in the first place) to determine that was clear and obvious says more about the ref than it does about the VAR.

They can say what they want afterwards, what I care about is the call being right

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I mean, I would say the ref needing three minutes (and missing it in the first place) to determine that was clear and obvious says more about the ref than it does about the VAR.

They can say what they want afterwards, what I care about is the call being right
But again, the repeatedly stated point of VAR is not “get the call right” but rather “fix the absolute howlers”

VAR has spent multiple weeks talking about how they aren’t going to re-ref the game and then they made a call that’s far more re-reffing than clear and obvious error fixing.

I have no huge issues if this intervention is the new standard, but we all know it won’t be.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
But again, the repeatedly stated point of VAR is not “get the call right” but rather “fix the absolute howlers”

VAR has spent multiple weeks talking about how they aren’t going to re-ref the game and then they made a call that’s far more re-reffing than clear and obvious error fixing.

I have no huge issues if this intervention is the new standard, but we all know it won’t be.
The only thing consistent is the inconsistency. The only thing I can ask for is just to get the calls right. I can’t complain about the process if the calls are right

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gakpo at halftime please. Would try to get Jones on too. Either that or Gomez to RB and Trent in midfield.

Typical early morning away performance from LFC

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Klopp cannot be satisfied from the guys. They look so flat, no energy, no cohesion and mistake prone.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

To be fair, it was an obvious error which lead to a penalty. It is not the first time that these type of review have happened with VAR. I still do not get what is the issue to get the correct decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad