GWT: EPL - Matchweek 11

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Trent is a lazy runner though. I am not sure he will do well in central midfield but as a RM I can see it though.

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Trent is a lazy runner though. I am not sure he will do well in central midfield but as a RM I can see it though.
He’s a lazy defender offensively I would imagine he puts in a good shift. At this point tho I’d be seriously worried if I’m lfc

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He’s a lazy defender offensively I would imagine he puts in a good shift. At this point tho I’d be seriously worried if I’m lfc
I mean he is still their best playmaker. I think the move to a double pivot helps him move to midfield. Gomez would be RB and Trent could still be creating offense on the right flank. I’m not playing him RCM in a 433 though. We saw some of this today and I liked the way it looked. Made sense. Also not like LFC have a ton better wide options at the moment with injuries.

Honestly if you look at Arsenal for example with how they use White and Saka, (and Zinchenko) that’s how Liverpool could utilize Gomez and Trent (and Robertson). Gomez arguably better suited to RB than White (he’s certainly faster) and Trent has shown just as much if not more offensively than Saka over his career. Defense minded RB (who is really a CB) covers a player who wants to make plays and make plays and the opposite fullback does all the bombing forward.

I think it’s way too early to bury Trent but I’m not keeping him at RB right now either. Whether it’s him or Elliott at right mid you need a very defensive player behind that. There’s. A reason the battery with him and Elliott doesn’t work.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Trent at RM and Tsimikas at LM (taking into account all the injuries on left wing) might not be a bad idea.
Don’t think they have much else of a choice. But it’s also not like they have a ton of defenders left healthy either. A lot of people went out on loan this summer. A lot have been doing really well but the team is very depleted.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Don’t think they have much else of a choice. But it’s also not like they have a ton of defenders left healthy either. A lot of people went out on loan this summer. A lot have been doing really well but the team is very depleted.
An injury to Van Dijk or Gomez and they're looking at recalling Rhys Williams lol

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They do also have the option to play Darwin wide left

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Curtis Jones could play LM in 442 as well if we can get him right.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
villa played well today. should have won 2-0 or 2-1 or 3-1. i understand the underlying frustrations and how maybe things add up but the moaning from their fans at the stadium was ridiculous for this game
yeah, we did play well but we just can't overlook the form. 2 wins out of 18 (i believe of current PL teams) in the PL is relegation form. Not good enough

Reactions: Peen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad