GWT: EPL - Matchweek 10

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Just record the games. Most of them are on paid streaming service, you can share the service with a friend or someone online to save it's not expensive, or find a place that uploads the full games and stream/download them.

Maybe 10% of the EPL games I've seen in the past 2-3 years are live. Especially the Friday/Monday games and the early morning Saturday game.

Lets you skip past all the half-time and injury feigning bullshit and subs and VAR slowness too.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Living in Barcelona I was very surprised at the beginning how liberal Latinos are with terms like "el negro" or "el chino". Now I've gotten used to it, but it was quite the culture shock.

It's not a question of being liberal or not, it's a question of ignorance. I feel so embarrassed for those who speak without knowing anything.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
An an American, where the word "boy" has a very negative meaning towards young black men, to hear PL announcers use that term freely and without the racist baggage catches my ear every time.

• Haha
Reactions: Hexroot

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It should just be a teachable moment for Garnacho to be aware of the connotations. There's no need for him to be punished with a suspension for something that was without ill intent. And Onana is clearly vouching for him that there was no ill intent.

"should"...hopefully it is...

Reactions: KJS14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It should just be a teachable moment for Garnacho to be aware of the connotations. There's no need for him to be punished with a suspension for something that was without ill intent. And Onana is clearly vouching for him that there was no ill intent.
This is just like the Bernardo Silva thing.

The precedent is to suspend. Whether it’s a good rule or not is another thing

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I mean, Argentina is widely known as the most racist country in South America. You can set a clock work to the news cycle when they play a Brazilian team in the Copas. He might need some re-wiring.

Reactions: luiginb

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Speaking of that I am heading to Argentina in March. Met a guy in Edinburgh last year when I went to see Chelsea play who lives in Buenos Aires.

Also planning on going to Chile and maybe Uruguay.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Speaking of that I am heading to Argentina in March. Met a guy in Edinburgh last year when I went to see Chelsea play who lives in Buenos Aires.

Also planning on going to Chile and maybe Uruguay.
Heard Uruguay is incredible

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And welcomed some nice German migrants in the 40s and 50s.

I met an Argentinian girl over the summer, who's grandparents & great grandparents were German. Let's just say I wasn't surprised she had some issues with her mom's opinions...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I do find it a bit funny that players can get suspended over Emoji's.
I dunno man. I do Not this we are too many generations away from emojis replacing words (at least casually) as primary language. All these kids are just ”talking” in meme and emoji now. May as well be hieroglyphics or kanji

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
This is just like the Bernardo Silva thing.

The precedent is to suspend. Whether it’s a good rule or not is another thing
I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of comparing the racism level of tweets, but I think Bernardo's was in poorer taste - he seemingly was making a joke by knowingly using a racist caricature. I don't recall Mendy's reaction to it, but even if he acknowledged it was a joke among friends, it was still in poor taste.

Whereas, Garnacho seemingly was trying to give Onana some props for a big game, but he didn't know/think about the other connotation.

Are either instances worthy of a punishment from the FA? Idk. I think you could place that with the teams to decide if the player deserves some kind of punishment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad