Great Britain: EPIHL and NIHL discussion thread

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I think the NIHL Lino Rory Bevis, famous for flipping off the Romford fans, is an excellent official!

This is so brilliant it deserves a repost:

392299_10150390507726198_677850548_n.jpg

The one time hockey makes a national newspaper, and its thanks to you!

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
I must of missed it sitting in the crappy away section but how did Foord get injured? Was it from Slava Koulikov's high stick, I thought it was Munroe who got the brunt of that.

Funny, we had it down as Sam Oakford :laugh: but the "25 years" patch on the jerseys confused us with numbers. I don't know what happened to Foord, either I didn't see it or I can't remember.

villevalo

Feb 29, 2012
UK
Funny, we had it down as Sam Oakford :laugh: but the "25 years" patch on the jerseys confused us with numbers. I don't know what happened to Foord, either I didn't see it or I can't remember.

I think that's happened to a few officials this year, there have been a few cases of mistaken identity in some pen calls.

Still Jets Bees at the Hanger is always a tough game to play and as a result officiate, urgh we always play pretty balls there too.

howeaboutthat

Jun 20, 2012
A ways outside MI...
Went to watch Nottingham Lions vs Sheffield Senators last night. Fantastically feisty game, some great goals and a few fights to boot.

Comedy moment of the night was the Sens #7 (Gray) turtling under Simon Hunt and then peeking out from under his mitts to check the bad man had gone.

Must say that I don't usually comment too much on the performance of officials and then usually it is negative but fair play to Dunn, he did well last night. Considering the match up and its potential to get a little heated I can't help but think the EIHA dropped the ball by only assigning a single official. Of course may be he was all that was available but Dunn really could have used some support.

villevalo

Feb 29, 2012
UK
Bison release Fojtik.

And a certain 39 leaving the Tigers soon me thinks :naughty:

Strangely I think Fojtik would fit in an Elite side, but he needed to be a bit more EPL relevant for the Bison. I think the caps would do well to pick him up.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
And a certain 39 leaving the Tigers soon me thinks :naughty:

Strangely I think Fojtik would fit in an Elite side, but he needed to be a bit more EPL relevant for the Bison. I think the caps would do well to pick him up.

I didn't think Fojtik was that bad, he didn't stand out defensively, but he was good with the puck and often carried it into the zone well creating scoring chances.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Shrimper did you get a chance to see a Chieftains game yet

I saw them play Invicta. Was a good game and will probably go again some-time in the future but it's hard to get time to go what with me being a season ticket holder at Southend United. I think that if the season carries on past December then I'd probably start going to more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad