Entry Draft Thread: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Kravtsov surged the moment I saw him play in all honesty. He was dominant from the get go last year. Denisenkos no slouch though.

Ahh, back when I had time. I havent been able to watch a single prospect since before Christmas. Ive been too busy at work, so Im likely out for the mock this year.

Stay in the mock. I haven't been able to see much either, I'll just find a way to pick randoms.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I'm workin' on my rankings rn

Forgot how fun this is, going from EP page to EP page inputting shit into a spreadsheet so everyone's numbers are up to date. (Only semi-kidding)

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Stay in the mock. I haven't been able to see much either, I'll just find a way to pick randoms.

I got home from work at 8 pm after working from 8:30am to 7:30pm. I took a little break to spend time with the family until 9:30pm and Im now finishing some notes until around 11:00pm 11:30pm. I still have a few weeks/months of this on top of my on call duties.

It's going to be a hard pass for me this year.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Dorofeyev with 13:38, his highest so far in the KHL, in an overall solid game. Created a couple chances and managed to get a good shot in tight while battling for position in front. Defensively, he and his line gave up very little and saw more ice in the third as Metallurg went up on the scoreboard.

Reactions: Habs76

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Thoughts on Jacob Pelletier? And where do you think we will draft?
I really hope we don't take Pelletier. Guy is a polished talent, he's pretty fast, smart, a good forechecker and two-way player- but he's small and without offensive creativity. His shot is average, maybe slightly above but really he as a player is worse than his description. He spends a lot of time chasing the puck, I've found and rarely makes things happen offensively- he's just too good at this point for his QMJHL counterparts that he racks up points, but his playstyle will see him as a good third line checking/energy forward in the NHL IMO.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I really hope we don't take Pelletier. Guy is a polished talent, he's pretty fast, smart, a good forechecker and two-way player- but he's small and without offensive creativity. His shot is average, maybe slightly above but really he as a player is worse than his description. He spends a lot of time chasing the puck, I've found and rarely makes things happen offensively- he's just too good at this point for his QMJHL counterparts that he racks up points, but his playstyle will see him as a good third line checking/energy forward in the NHL IMO.

Sounds like a renta-Brink.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
xfCgoBn.png
Brink is like, the most boring player in the draft. Ugh.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Just finished watching a Prince Albert game from about 1 week ago against OilKings, Leason is a sick hockey player, no way the Habs pass on this guy if stil available, but he wont likely be there when we pick... Fonstad is so skilled with the puck on his stick, he has incredible offensive awareness... He really is on the small side though...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Just finished watching a Prince Albert game from about 1 week ago against OilKings, Leason is a sick hockey player, no way the Habs pass on this guy if stil available, but he wont likely be there when we pick... Fonstad is so skilled with the puck on his stick, he has incredible offensive awareness... He really is on the small side though...

*sigh* okay let's hear it. What's the case for Leason, in your opinion.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Leason's great but he's one of like 45 players who are in that "sick hockey player" classification. He's probably still a available when we pick at this point.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Leason has actually been winning me over lately, to the point where I'd totaly see him as an option around where we'll be picking . He's got legit offensive tools and raw potential, he's not just a Logan Brown-esque mirage or a big, lumbering oaf. Some guys just bloom later, not saying we HAVE to take him or anything like that but he's an option to me at this point.

Last edited:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Getting Julien Gauthier vibes with Leason for me. Which can both be a good and bad thing I guess. Thought his skating and mobility looked quite good at the WJC compared to where it was last year while trying to watch Fonstad. But am I wrong or are his stickhandling and passes not very sharp? Could just be the viewings I had but it has me wondering if there's more than middle-six upside.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Leason has actually been winning me over lately, to the point where I'd totaly see him as an option around where we'll be picking . He's got legit offensive tools and raw potential, he's not just a Logan Brown-esque mirage or a big, lumbering oaf. Some guys just bloom later, not saying we HAVE to take him or anything like that but he's an option to me at this point.
I mean, hes still raw @ 20? Is he gonna be raw when he retires too :laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Getting Julien Gauthier vibes with Leason for me. Which can both be a good and bad thing I guess. Thought his skating and mobility looked quite good at the WJC compared to where it was last year while trying to watch Fonstad. But am I wrong or are his stickhandling and passes not very sharp? Could just be the viewings I had but it has me wondering if there's more than middle-six upside.

I think hes a good stickhandler, receives passes efficiently too, but I do agree on passing.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
With Leason, people tend to overate the age - potential factor. I know that younger players have more growing room, but once again, if I compare Leason with his true draft year (2017) You could make a case for him around 12th pick (which is earlier than the pick we will get).

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
With Leason, people tend to overate the age - potential factor. I know that younger players have more growing room, but once again, if I compare Leason with his true draft year (2017) You could make a case for him around 12th pick (which is earlier than the pick we will get).
Lol come the f*** on now

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I mean, hes still raw @ 20? Is he gonna be raw when he retires too :laugh:
Late bloomer, like I said. He's only starting to put 2 and 2 together, which isn't ideal but also isn't without precedent. He's an option to me, not a can't miss, so there's some warts and negative there obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad