GDT: Entry Draft Day 2 Oct 7 | 11:30 AM ET | Who's still around? (MOD: No asking for illegal streams!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-10-7_15-47-2.png

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
People who are saying we could have pick Jack Smith in 7th round.. yup, but what do you guys know about the kid ? How many time did you see him play? Remember a certain Romanov we took in 2nd round and everyone WTF we could had him in 4th/5th round.

Please calm the F down... none of us is scouting players full time (and even part time lol).. and considering the number of players in later round that turns out to be a player in the NHL that have an impact, I give all my confidence in the scouting team of the Habs that they have done their due diligence on the players they pick.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Who is in charge of USHS scouting on our staff and what kind of naughty pictures does he have of Timmins and Bergevin?

Reactions: habsfan891

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
This board is just too much lol. You have hot takes that range from "THIS GUY IS HORRIBLE SHOULDN'T BE A 2ND ROUND PICK" to "THIS GUY IS A STEAL AT THIS SPOT" just a few posts apart. And the worst in all of this is that most people here think they're right from the beginning :laugh:

Past round 2, the draft is a complete crapshoot. It's actually a waste of time to start pencilling X or Y guy in X or Y round, because in the end the difference between a 4th and a 6th rounder, both in terms of actual value and history of successful pick, is irrelevant.

Draft picks values are never higher than they are at trade deadline. And Bergevin has quite a bunch of picks next year to play with if he decides to do so. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

You really seem to care that people are having fun following the draft. That's weird.

Who cares if they're wrong or not?

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Where did you hear $7m. That's insane! Glad he turned that down.

Was offered 7m extension right after the 72 pt season apparently, Domi and agent turned it down BECAUSE of the great RFA summer where matthews and Marner got 11 mill as RFA's so domi thought he was hitting some kind of super jackpot

luckily (for us financially) he stumbled this season, and now is GONE anyway

Sorry for no source

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Was offered 7m extension right after the 72 pt season apparently, Domi and agent turned it down BECAUSE of the great RFA summer where matthews and Marner got 11 mill as RFA's so domi thought he was hitting some kind of super jackpot

luckily (for us financially) he stumbled this season, and now is GONE anyway

Sorry for no source

Probably why he fired his agent. He realized how stupid that was

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad