GDT: Entry Draft 2015 - Part II - Disaster in Sunrise? - 10 AM NHLN - TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
It's not even the fact they took Senyshyn it's the fact they didn't even move down a few spots to take him. There is no friggin way he gets picked before the mid-20s. Just another in the long line of the day's failures for Sweeney.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
That identity got us a CUP

yes...and I'm not sure we have the talent or skill to back it up now.

so we are going to be trying to grasp onto an identity that at one time proved successful...seems to have gone stale now.

I'd rather take more chances on skill..Pasta and Spooner have paid off and aren't 'typical' bruins players...you have to adapt and evolve if you want to continue to ice a competitive team.

I just want to see a different direction.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Did someone yell "Let's go red sox" when the Islanders picked Barzal (or thereabout)?

I was laughing when Dallas picked a small reach, but then we go ahead and take someone who was going to be available at a pick that's a 3 times higher number - which Dallas was apparently sold on as well? Geez. Then Islanders were laughing when they picked. Jesus christ

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
It's not even the fact they took Senyshyn it's the fact they didn't even move down a few spots to take him. There is no friggin way he gets picked before the mid-20s. Just another in the long line of the day's failures for Sweeney.

There's no way he gets picked before 30.

theplayer

Apr 20, 2014
well... I haven't followed this draft at all, and I know many times the actual picks in the mid first round don't go like fans expect. BUT....when everyone is screaming for 4 guys and the Bruins pass on three who all go in the next 4 picks..AND one team even trades up to get one of them.....well...that just plain sucks.

jp9183

Jun 9, 2011
Brockton, MA
I've seen it other places as well but here's one from rotoworld:
The Bruins acquired the 13th overall pick from Los Angeles as part of the Milan Lucic trade. Zboril could be this year’s home run draft pick as he has the potential to be the complete package. He is one of the smarter players in the draft class and does all the little things right. The 6’2" Czech-born defenseman is not afraid to get nasty and has no problem defending his teammates as evident by his 73 penalty minutes in 44 games with the Saint John Sea Dogs in the QMJHL last season. But don’t let that paint the full picture of who Zboril is as he tallied 13 goals, which is a franchise record for a rookie defenseman, and 33 points with a plus-two rating last season. Zboril’s biggest asset may be his positional play as he is very sound in all three areas of the ice. He carries a very high ceiling and scouts have compared his style of game to Keith Yandle's.

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
If you're looking at this as a whole, Boston traded: Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton, Boychuk, and Lucic for NHL players Eriksson, Smith, & Jones. Zboril & Senyshyn + a bunch of 2nds..

Not looking great.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Time to start giving Scott Bradley **** too. He's flown under the radar, but he was the most outspoken one about trading Seguin and undoubtedly had some finger prints on this disaster.

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia
The fact that Connor, Barzal, Svechnikov, White and Chabot go right after Bruins picks is because it's called Rankings. Not 1 set of Rankings, but numerous sets...Why do the Bruins have to think they know something different than all the other scouting groups put together lists...just don't get it....
Seems Sweeney thinks he was playing NHL15 today, making trades, thinking you just bundle picks together and go get the #3...and the game didn't pan out....

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Starting to like Synyshyn the more and more I read on him. DeBrusk I'm not so sure on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad