Friedman: Enstrom has agreed to waive NMC for expanson draft

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Always been a big fan of Enstrom. Drives me insane when I've seen HF conversations bashing him due to size. The guy has always been a talented player regardless of size.
A large defenseman that has no hockey IQ will always be a stupid player, take the smaller skilled, intelligent player like Enstrom all day, every day.

If Enstrom hasn't earned an extension with his play (he has), he's certainly earned it with his heart.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Class act. Unlike Phaneuf!

Phaneuf had a lot of term left and likely wants to stay on a team that was a Double OT game away from beating the Champs.
Being selected by Vegas moves him very far from his goal of winning a Cup.

Toby only had a year left on his deal and has a lot of other factors.
Apparently this was agreed to shortly after the end of the season.
Props to all involved for keeping the secret.

Jets fans had to sweat but it looks good on the organization that this didn't leak.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
So he loves it in Winnipeg, he thinks they have a bright future that he wants to be part of and then waives his NMC? Talk about a non-sequitur.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
So he loves it in Winnipeg, he thinks they have a bright future that he wants to be part of and then waives his NMC? Talk about a non-sequitur.

He was 1 year to UFA, so either he doesn't waive, gets bought out and plays elsewhere, or takes a small risk he'll get moved by waiving, and probably pre-negotiated a contract extension with the Jets. If he doesn't waive, the Jets lose a more valuable piece of the puzzle, too. He made the right move.

FiveHoled

Jul 2, 2016
West Coast
I'll be the guy kicking his ass out the plane and locking the door behind him so he can't get back on!

Holy Crap! That is the funniest exchange ever. When Enstrom steps on the ice in GM# 1, WPG needs to let him know ...
:yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::handclap::handclap:

Last edited:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
He was 1 year to UFA, so either he doesn't waive, gets bought out and plays elsewhere, or takes a small risk he'll get moved by waiving, and probably pre-negotiated a contract extension with the Jets. If he doesn't waive, the Jets lose a more valuable piece of the puzzle, too. He made the right move.

Oh, I agree with that. I found it funny how it was formulated in the tweet that was posted.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Wtf, he has an NMC?

He was quite a prolific score leading up to, and for a while after, that contract was signed. Got broken a bunch, though.

If he's bought out, the only team he can't sign with is the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad