Friedman: Enstrom has agreed to waive NMC for expanson draft

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That's a massive help. They can protect 3 extra forwards now and lose nothing of consequence

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
How come it wasn't reported he was asked to waive it on Monday?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
How come it wasn't reported he was asked to waive it on Monday?

It only comes out if either the team or the player leak it. Obviously they kept it quiet so that there was no embarrassment if he said no.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Maybe Enstrom did not need much of an incentive. It is possible that the lure of playing in a warmer weather US city with no state level income tax was sufficient enough.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Makes me wonder, could a team pay under the table money to get a guy to waive?

I doubt it is the case in this situation, Enstrom seems like a really big team-guy, IIRC he skipped the Olympics a few years back so that he would be focused on helping the Jets make the playoffs.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I bet a lot of players with NMC's will agree to waive.... why wouldn't they? especially when they are living in certain cities at different times in their career

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Maybe Enstrom did not need much of an incentive. It is possible that the lure of playing in a warmer weather US city with no state level income tax was sufficient enough.

Nah he has a big salary and he's passable as a 2nd pairing dman now but he's not the stud he used to be plus a pending UFA next year. I don't take him if I'm Vegas unless they're really really desperate for dmen but I'm pretty sure they'll be able to get similar younger guys.

And I don't think they'll have problems reaching the cap floor before people suggest that. Shipachev and Fleury alone are about $9 M already plus they'll have a lot of $2-3 M guys and a more expensive bottom six than most teams.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Nah he has a big salary and he's passable as a 2nd pairing dman now but he's not the stud he used to be plus a pending UFA next year. I don't take him if I'm Vegas unless they're really really desperate for dmen but I'm pretty sure they'll be able to get similar younger guys.

Enstrom to me is a guy Vegas should pick and trade

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
LV should pick Enstrom and then trade him before he becomes a free agent. I think a few playoff bound teams would have interest at or before next year's deadline.

EDIT:

Enstrom to me is a guy Vegas should pick and trade

Great minds think alike.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
who does this keep from being exposed in TE place?

Edit: sounded weirdly sexual as a comment i apologize

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
sorry for the laziness but who were Jets potentially going to lose if Enstrom didn't do this?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I bet a lot of players with NMC's will agree to waive.... why wouldn't they? especially when they are living in certain cities at different times in their career
I bet there were players in certain cities calling the team to let them know they wanted to waive.

Enstrom will probably get a very well paid scouting job in Sweden for this

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown

And I don't think they'll have problems reaching the cap floor before people suggest that. Shipachev and Fleury alone are about $9 M already plus they'll have a lot of $2-3 M guys and a more expensive bottom six than most teams.

makes me wonder if vegas doesnt take him how long of an extension he signs on july 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad