News Article: Enrico Ciccone and Sebastien Benoit out of TVA Sports

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I hope Michel Bergeron and Patrice Brisebois are next...

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2015/06/18/tva-sports-et-sebastien-benoit-cest-fini

La saison de hockey terminée, Sébastien Benoît est maintenant agent libre, TVA Sports n’ayant pas renouvelé son contrat, un an après son arrivée en grande pompe au réseau.

Nicolas Poulin ‏@NicolasPoulin · 15 minil y a 15 minutes
Après Sébastien Benoît, c'est au tour d'Enrico Ciccone d'être remercié (contrat non renouvelé) par TVA Sports.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I didn't even know Sebastien Benoit was there untill I accidentaly switched to TVA-Sports once. I was wondering what he was doing there and thought he was only invited once D:

I'm glad he's gone though I'm almost never watching hockey on TVA

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I always like Cicone. I didn't watch him that much this past year, but liked him in yeas past.

I remember him saying that he can't even play in beer leagues because he gets too competitive and has anger management issues so he had to stop.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
TVA sports out of Habs games would be nice. et compte is garbage.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Didn't read the article. Wonder if it's only because they don't fit in their plans anymore (would be logical in Benoit's case, I didn't even know he was there to begin with, pretty sure it's the same for a lot of people, in Ciccone's case it's strange, cause, he was actually pretty decent out of that bunch of idiots... ), or because TVA Sports is in more trouble than what's been said already (won't go looking for links, but it's been said before the playoffs that they were in huge trouble, budget wise...).

Can't wait til they collapse, and hopefully 'sell' TV rights to RDS...

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Les faibles cotes d’écoute du Fanatik ne sont sûrement pas étrangères à son annulation. Durant son unique saison en ondes, l’émission a récolté une moyenne de seulement 6600 téléspectateurs

Ouch.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
I hope Michel Bergeron and Patrice Brisebois are next...

Bergeron no, he's entertaining and endearing (in an old coot Cherry lite kind of way), which is something TVA Sport REALLY lacks.

Brisebois, though, I'm surprised he made the cut. He's not fit for TV at all. :laugh:

Les faibles cotes d’écoute du Fanatik ne sont sûrement pas étrangères à son annulation. Durant son unique saison en ondes, l’émission a récolté une moyenne de seulement 6600 téléspectateurs

Ouch indeed. Might show a bigger problem though, as I'm pretty sure more than 6600 TVs are accidentally left on RDS at pretty much all time.

Ciccone I dunno. Maybe it was a behind the cameras thing. Guy has a temper.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Ciccone was good, and I was under the impression that he was close with Morissette.Weird, perhaps it's a behind the scene problem.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I tried, and I mean I really gave that channel a chance for me to change my mind about them, and I just can't watch it.

That hockey panel is terrible AT BEST. Morissette can't ask a question without looking like he's about to burst out laughing. Brisebois can't finish a sentence before changing subject and Bergeron has no clue what he's talking about.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile
31d3a253-5bf7-4d1c-8388-93698fe9be92_TVASPORTS_WEB.jpg

Next please....

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Giguere,Enrico Ciccone,Alain Chainey,Jose Theodore,Eric Fichaud,Mike Bossy and the play by play 'B' team are all good

Mathieu Dandenault,Dave Morrissette are decent

Felix Seguin,Patrick Lalime, Sebastien Benoit,Breezer and BERGY are all terrible

I'm not sure about Lavoie

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
The simple fact that this is news at all, let alone "big" news, shows you the inherent challenges the Canadiens franchises faces in building a winning team. Believe me, teams in Chicago, LA, Detroit, etc don't have to deal with this sort of thing so players can actually just play hockey and maximize their talents.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
The simple fact that this is news at all, let alone "big" news, shows you the inherent challenges the Canadiens franchises faces in building a winning team. Believe me, teams in Chicago, LA, Detroit, etc don't have to deal with this sort of thing so players can actually just play hockey and maximize their talents.

Wow. Maybe it's not interesting to you but it is to me and others. I think it was thread worthy at least.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile

yeah sure.... Habs players can't concentrate with news like this...

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Thanks for the laugh.

Were you looking for things to complain about?

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
"Un tir foudroyant du Québécois et un arrêt spectaculaire de la part de Longue-visse!"

:laugh:

coffee all over my desk :laugh:

what I can't stand of felix seguin is how many times he closes his eyes when he talks... its like Morse code, its out of control.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
Giguere,Enrico Ciccone,Alain Chainey,Jose Theodore,Eric Fichaud,Mike Bossy and the play by play 'B' team are all good

Mathieu Dandenault,Dave Morrissette are decent

Felix Seguin,Patrick Lalime, Sebastien Benoit,Breezer and BERGY are all terrible

I'm not sure about Lavoie

You forgot Pedneault. Everytime he talks I wanna punch a baby he's so atrocious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad