Traded Ennis to Edmonton fora 2021 5th

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Should have got more than a 5th rounder. Ennis was one of our best players in recent weeks. Nothing you can do now, I think he will be great in Edmonton.

I thought so also, but it looks like Edmonton was the only team really interested. As a result, Holland was able to drive a hard bargain. The trade market is weird - I would argue that on our team, DeMelo and Pageau were roughly the same in terms of their importance, yet one only got a third and one got a first and second.

For Ennis, these next 20 games plus playoffs is his chance to to earn another contract to stay in the NHL as opposed to going to Europe. Good for him - I hope he takes full advantage. Riding shotgun for the best player in the world doesn't hurt that cause...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Playing with Mcdavid and Athanasiu good for him. Played alot better for the sens as the season went on, way more responsible with the puck. For a 5th he is going to look like a steal.

What an odd line... will give the opposition fits when they have the puck, the speed on that line alone should have D really hesitant to pinch or join in offensively too much, just the fear factor of one of McDavid or Athanasiou catching a zone exit pass after a turnover in stride...

Reactions: TheDebater

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Every other gm in the league didn't do their homework at all. A 4th to beat Edmonton for him? Sure!

Same with namestikov. A 3rd should have been in play. These were solid forwards that would amazing depth for a playoff team.

Reactions: Icelevel

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
What an odd line... will give the opposition fits when they have the puck, the speed on that line alone should have D really hesitant to pinch or join in offensively too much, just the fear factor of one of McDavid or Athanasiou catching a zone exit pass after a turnover in stride...

By the 3rd period the trio started to show some chemistry. By far the fastest line I have personally seen.

Does Ennis always throw so many hits? He was obliging every possible time last night.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
By the 3rd period the trio started to show some chemistry. By far the fastest line I have personally seen.

Does Ennis always throw so many hits? He was obliging every possible time last night.
He's a little spark plug. I would have kept him and signed him for a year or two. Definitely one of our better players over the last couple of months. Hope he excels in Edmonton for you.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Luckily for him he went to the team with the least amount of winger depth and talent in the league, that also happened to lose their best winger for weeks the day prior to the deadline.

He will fit in nicely with AA and McDavid, their speed will be killer.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
He's a little spark plug. I would have kept him and signed him for a year or two. Definitely one of our better players over the last couple of months. Hope he excels in Edmonton for you.

Thanks for the response. If he plays like that every night he will definitely be an excellent addition to the team.

Hopefully you guys find another Ennis or better Ennis with that pick. Good luck at the draft.

f*** the laffs

Reactions: SensFactor

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
He's the perfect fit for the Oilers, but I can still see why other teams were hesitant to trade for him. Not sure I see him sliding into the top-six on any other (playoff) contender. If he can go on a bit of a heater to end the season he'll likely have earned himself a nicer payday in the summer.

Now that the Pageau dream is dead I wouldn't mind circling back on Ennis, money isn't really an issue as much as term. Maybe the team can lure him back with a 1 year, $2 million offer (or something along those lines).

Reactions: bert

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
He's the perfect fit for the Oilers, but I can still see why other teams were hesitant to trade for him. Not sure I see him sliding into the top-six on any other (playoff) contender. If he can go on a bit of a heater to end the season he'll likely have earned himself a nicer payday in the summer.

Now that the Pageau dream is dead I wouldn't mind circling back on Ennis, money isn't really an issue as much as term. Maybe the team can lure him back with a 1 year, $2 million offer (or something along those lines).

I also was pleasantly surprised with Ennis' play this season but I think I am ready to move on from certain players who we can never quite figure out where they belong in the line up. We have an opportunity to build a team from scratch and to set roles for each player. I think Ennis is a perfect fit for a team like Edmonton who already has an identity and he can slide in and just play his game without over-compensating to be "a leader".

I think Formenton can and will replace Ennis pretty easily once he gets an opportunity next year.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I’m glad Ennis is getting a chance to make the playoffs this year, and hopefully get another NHL deal for next year.

He was a good player for us, and worked his ass off.

Good luck and thanks! kinda thing....

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If Ennis is going to last playing with McDavid he will have to give up the puck a lot more and a lot sooner than he did here

Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It will be interesting to see if Ennis or Namestikov are re-signed in the off season. I guess PD did alright leading up to the TDL moving Pageau, Ennis, Namestikov, Goloubef & DeMello. Maybe could have gotten more, but overall the returns are going to help build for the future. Now the only real question is what kind of players is PD going to draft & what kind of a team does he want to build?

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
2 weeks ago i was get criticized for saying Ennis would return us a late pick at the deadline. Some people thought he had no value which i didnt understand. Hes been consistently pretty good all season. He has the skill and speed to find hinself a role in most teams line ups. Hell find himself a better contract next year than he did last year. As a 30 year old whos gone through injuries good for him for finding his game again in a young mans league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad