Traded Ennis to Edmonton fora 2021 5th

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Excellent, Hainsey and Duclair left to go hopefully, lose out the rest of the way and cross our fingers!

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Happy he's gone, even if it's for a 5th. His inspired play was harming the tank.

I thought they offered a 4th lol.

They did. Dorion was pushing for a 3rd apparently, so they dealt their 4th for Green.

Guess they called Piere's bluff. Must not have been that much interest in him besides the Oilers.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It's a fifth they didnt have before.

I'm fine with it.

The sens are going to lose a lot more games without him and pageau this season.

Reactions: bert

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Happy he's gone, even if it's for a 5th. His inspired play was harming the tank.

They did. Dorion was pushing for a 3rd apparently, so they dealt their 4th for Green.

Guess they called Piere's bluff. Must not have been that much interest in him besides the Oilers.
Who reported the offer of a 4th ?

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Wish we could’ve at least gotten a 2020 4th but at the end of the day it costed 700k to get Ennis and be a stopgap for our prospects this season and we end up flipping him. Can only complain so much about it. I love the Ennis fit in Edmonton though.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010

Yup, this was the problem. He's not good enough to be in the top six of a playoff team, but not big or strong enough to be useful in the bottom six in the playoffs. There is a reason he's been making a career out of filling in on the top six for non-playoff teams.

The Oilers are a special case, for reasons I'm sure I don't need to lay out for anyone. I can't think of any other team that might have had a real use for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad