Celebrity Death: Ennio Morricone

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Sad news. Definitely one of the greatest film music composers ever.

Probably the best, lucky to have attended one of his concerts in June 2019. It was almost an extrasensory experience. A. Probably one of the best Italians who ever existed, men like that are no longer born and today we are all poorer.

Reactions: NinjaKick

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Wow. I've always been a fan. Possibly the greatest producer of film instrumentals of all time. But I imagined that he had died long ago.

Reactions: NinjaKick

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

The music, editing, and cinematography made a scene of someone running around in circles in a cemetery into one of my favorite move scenes. It definitely doesn't work without the epic Morricone score.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
my introduction to him wasn't from movies, strangely enough.

it was from Metallica. My 1st time seeing them i was 13, and they opened with the graveyard scene from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (as always) and I remember being so caught up in the song that I searched Napster far and wide for it with searches like "metallica concert intro", etc until I found it.

Its also what got me into the spaghetti westerns.

still my personal favorite live version of it

Last edited:

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
my introduction to him wasn't from movies, strangely enough.

it was from Metallica. My 1st time seeing them i was 13, and they opened with the graveyard scene from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (as always) and I remember being so caught up in the song that I searched Napster far and wide for it with searches like "metallica concert intro", etc until I found it.

Its also what got me into the spaghetti westerns.

still my personal favorite live version of it

Yes, The Clash did the same in 1981 for the Sandinista! tour...

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I was listening to Metallica's cover of Ecstasy of Gold on my way home from work today and was thinking how Morricone is my favourite film music composer of alltime. So disappointing to read this just a few hours later.

A true legend.

RIP

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
I liked him best when melodic, low key or dramatic, but not bombastic. I thought his music to The Hateful Eight was really forgettable for instance, but the film itself was even worse so there's that.

Some favorite tunes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad