GWT: English Premier League: 4/22 - 4/27/2017

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He's deserved that ban for ages as well, can't believe he gets away with some of the stuff he does. Aguero made a lot of that, but you can't do that.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If there is a bright side for United (and it is one for Liverpool too), this will simplify Mourinho's Europa League approach quite clearly. Has to be the priority now, as it's the easiest way to get in the CL with Fellaini banned for at least three matches. Against Arsenal it would probably do them well to play reserves.

I do think they'll win the Europa League if they do that.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If there is a bright side for United (and it is one for Liverpool too), this will simplify Mourinho's Europa League approach quite clearly. Has to be the priority now, as it's the easiest way to get in the CL with Fellaini banned for at least three matches. Against Arsenal it would probably do them well to play reserves.

So down to Arse and Liverpool is what you're saying for 4th.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Arsenal sneaking into CL confirmed

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

If I was managing United, yes. It's impossible to manage the team's energy levels and have consistent performances now. No disrespect to Celta de Vigo, but two legs against them are easier than aways at Spurs, Southampton, and Arsenal. Might feel differently if Fellaini wasn't going to be banned, but judging by how Mourinho approached this game, I think he's thinking the same thing.

I'd also think Mourinho is capable of winning a cup final, and it's foolish to think he isn't capable against the level of competition they'll play.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Could definitely see both slipping in, honestly. Man City's run-in is easy on paper, but they could blow it. United should go all-in on Europa. Arsenal winning their game in hand and beating United lets them leap-frog them into fifth, and I would never doubt Arsenal's ability to somehow finish in the top 4.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
A healthy Pogba and Rashford would've been serviced better balls than what he ended up getting.

Yea, Mkhi was not good at all and the other two midfielders were too busy staying back and defensive to spring a counter. I thought Martial did well when he had the ball, but that wasn't much and he was almost playing as part of a back 6.

oilers92

Jan 26, 2010
Edmonton
So if Fellaini doesn't dip his head and instead flops like he was shot, does Aguero get the red?

and this is why divers should be banned as well, yes its a head butt but my god hes acted like hes just been shot....such a poorly ref'ed game on both sides the amount of times a city player went through the back of Rashford today was insane.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
and this is why divers should be banned as well, yes its a head butt but my god hes acted like hes just been shot....such a poorly ref'ed game on both sides the amount of times a city player went through the back of Rashford today was insane.

Embellishment is part of the game, and his embellishment didn't draw any punishment that Fellaini didn't deserve. Deal with it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Honestly maybe. I'm not convinced aguero would have contacted him

From what I saw it didn't look like Fellaini moved forward, only down. So Aguero would have hit his chin. It's possible he would have noticed Fallaini not going for it and held off, or it's possible he'd do exactly what he did and flop anyway.

To me, what I think Atkinson should have done is a red to Fellaini and a yellow to Aguero.

I *think* what Fellaini was thinking was that Aguero would keep his head there and they'd basically forehead to forehead stare each other down. Or who knows, it's Fellaini, he's a moron.

oilers92

Jan 26, 2010
Edmonton
Embellishment is part of the game, and his embellishment didn't draw any punishment that Fellaini didn't deserve. Deal with it.

diving should never be a part of the game toure was an idiot for his swan dive earlier and somehow even tough its spotted gets away with it, and the question asked was if a player flops like that(Fellaini going down when aguero comes up to him) would the ref have given the card the other way. Why put refs under such issues because you don't have the level of character required to play the game how it should, fine and suspend the divers and the game would clean up pretty quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad